Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla door handle failure - pivot gear (anyone have one I can buy?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I have the CAD data. You can also have my modified Version for wire eroding. => send me a message with you email.
Maybe you become a better price and also shipping is easier for US. => I don't want to make a business of selling this parts.
Actual price for my part is 65€+15€ for shipping to US. Customs is not a problem with this small part.
Antrieb-Griff.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: rpc364 and mmccord
I bought a used door handle assembly off ebay for $200 and swapped it out. It was much easier than I thought and took less than 1 hour start to finish. My paddle gear was the failure on my old one and I'm picking one up from the service center tomorrow for $1.18. I'm going to swap out the ebay one (because it was having issues as well and its gen 1 and the rest of my handles are gen 2). I'm planning on videoing and posting the process.

Wow! That price is insane. This really bodes well for the future of maintaining our Tesla's, ourselves. Whenever I get a car I always have this weird fantasy of maintaining the car for 100s of thousands of miles. When I got my previous car, a Lexus ES330, I had plans, in my head, to convert it to electric when the engine finally conked out. I also want to eventually convert my ski boat to electric. Hopefully those solid state batteries with double or triple the capacity pan out. My current plan is to maintain my Tesla until I die. I'm 47. Waste not, want not.

• Love
Reactions: Chris Redfield
@Bighorn @chr20 @mmccord Thank you guys for your contributions here. I've learned a lot and thankful for a community that maybe helping me save $800 for a repair involving a $1.18 part!

I'm planning on videoing and posting the process.

View attachment 267550 Just picked up 4 from the SC. $5 and change.

@Manzacoty Way to blaze some Telsa parts trails here for the rest of us. Looks like you're equipped for success. Just confirming your intention to videotape and post the paddle gear repair process? (Acknowledging that I'm wildebeest #2 at the edge of the crocodile-infested riverbank nudging wildebeest #1 into the repair-attempt water... :)

Does anyone have any expert advice on how long the incessant handle motor running in the broken paddle gear can go on without damage? I'd like to make this a 1-venture-into-the-door-panel effort (versus the typical 4-5 Home Depot trips involved in most every home-repair effort)...