Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Troy, I had a doubt about Switzerland numbers, so a sent a twit to auto-schweiz asking. They answered me today saying that Tesla S figure for February is 19 and Tesla X is 30. They explained that 68 and 84 figures were the total of sales for January and February.

@Atlantis, thanks for the correction. You are absolutely right. I actually wrote the instructions on THIS page explaining that the numbers they publish are YTD but then both @mrdoubleb and I overlooked this data. I have checked their excel file and on the top right of the February tab, it says "Januar - Februar", meaning that the numbers are Year-to-Date numbers. This will be fixed soon. Thanks.

Feb Switzerland registrations:
Model S 68-49= 19
Model X 84-54= 30

I can't see the stats. I get the following.

=================================================================
Google Drive

Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file existed.

Get stuff done with Google Drive

Apps in Google Drive make it easy to create, store and share online documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more.

Learn more at drive.google.com/start/apps.

Hi, @RobStark. It looks like Google has changed something. I can't see the embedded sheets either unless I sign out of Google or open the wiki in incognito mode in Chrome. I don't think this is related to the forum software because signing out of the forum doesn't make the tables visible but signing out of Google does. Until we figure out something better, I added a link that shows all three tables. See third bullet point above the first table, dated 16 April 2017.

• Helpful
Reactions: RobStark
Hi, @Atlantis. When this year is over, I will check the sales numbers of all countries in Europe including Portugal, Spain, Iceland and all the other countries and then the top 13 countries will be included in next year's list. The "Other countries" row, is an estimate until the end of this year. When the year is over, I will replace the estimates with actual numbers. However, I understand that the estimates were too low. I have now slightly increased them.

Reactions: Atlantis
I'm not sure how to check Iceland's Tesla registrations. You can see Iceland total EV registrations here:

Nýskráningar bíla

The month reporting appears to be one month off, as they show statistics for September '17 which should really be "month to date August '17" :) In the last month there were 323 new EV registrations. As for gasoline+diesel cars, it fluctuates wildly (unlike EVs, which are on a steady growth path); perhaps an average of about 1900 cars per month combined.

Wow, hot damn... are we actually up to nearly 15% of new car sales being EVs already? That's magnificient for a country with such a poor charging infrastructure! Looks like the number of EV sales nearly triples every year.

Come on Tesla... stop ignoring Iceland.... ;)

Europe Delivery update:

Tesla DACH (Germany, Austria Switzerland) Head of Sales (Rudat) confirmed Sept 3rd in Stuttgarter Newspaper that the delivery units in Germany between Jan and July (7 months) have doubled for Modell S and X vs previous year and they plan to continue with the same speed... Thats 2075 units with 710 MX. Obviously no M3 yet. Same speed would mean 3557 Units. for 2017!

He reiterates that they get daily ww 1800 orders for M3 in. That would mean that the increase in order units after the July delivery of first 30 units has almost kept pace did not loose momentum and confirmed the confidence of Elon to produce and deliver a run rate of 700k in the future. Wonder what will happen if they start any kind of marketing ... 1M p.a. s certainly a realistic number if not above. Most people still watch with interest but will wait until the infrastructure is available (Charging points) and they have seen and driven the car.

Rudat continues that they expect to overtake Porsche in large by end of the decade. My predication: they will overtake Porsche also in Margin by average unit sold.

Luxembourg release delivery numbers for Jan to August (8months). They had last year (Jan - August) 32 Units and this year 120 which is an increase of 275% .

Looking at this numbers and knowing that all the markets near to the large German Automakers have a lot of loyalty I expect a stronger unit sales for Q3 and Q4 versus Q1 and Q2.

The announced numbers do not comply with what I have seen in the spreadsheets above. Maybe someone needs to update those? In fact this numbers are official and higher that in the sheet.

... place your bets accordingly ....

Hi, @mrdoubleb. We can use this thread for discussions about the entries and the spreadsheet. I think the other thread is more about financial discussions.

I've checked the Luxembourg entries and you are right. Our YTD is 10 units lower. I have the 5 May 2017 file that shows the numbers after April. It shows 6 units for April and 62 YTD. Those are correct. I don't have the next month's file.

Hi, @mrdoubleb. We can use this thread for discussions about the entries and the spreadsheet. I think the other thread is more about financial discussions.

I've checked the Luxembourg entries and you are right. Our YTD is 10 units lower. I have the 5 May 2017 file that shows the numbers after April. It shows 6 units for April and 62 YTD. Those are correct. I don't have the next month's file.
OK, so the mistake was made with the May or June data - I still had the July file and that was accurate. Since the mistake happened in Q", any objections to adding 10 cars to June?