Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this post in the Investor discussion thread - it has another link which already has Norway numbers for

Most popular cars sold in August compared to last August in Norway unlike our regular source https://statistikk.ofv.no/ofv_bilsalg_small.asph. It doesn´t look like there is any difference otherwise (cross checked a few July numbers), so I used it for submission.

First two columns are for August labeled "denne mnd". Next two "hittil" for accumulated in 2019.

The TM3 is #1 accumulated but was beaten by the VW Golf in August. Some of those Golf models were the e-Golf.

9wQU2Ib.jpg

Interactive Source: Registreringsstatistikken – Opplysningsrådet for veitrafikken

Just saw this post in the Investor discussion thread - it has another link which already has Norway numbers for August unlike our regular source https://statistikk.ofv.no/ofv_bilsalg_small.asph. It doesn´t look like there is any difference otherwise (cross checked a few July numbers), so I used it for submission.

Most popular cars sold in August compared to last August in Norway

First two columns are for August labeled "denne mnd". Next two "hittil" for accumulated in 2019.

The TM3 is #1 accumulated but was beaten by the VW Golf in August. Some of those Golf models were the e-Golf.

9wQU2Ib.jpg

Interactive Source: Registreringsstatistikken – Opplysningsrådet for veitrafikken

• Informative
Reactions: Troy
@hobbes @Troy
We have the Avere France numbers out, but , once again, they are not making this easy. They have posted the combined July + August numbers and are not breaking out Model X. Combined with other resources for July and August this is what we know:
  • CCFA alliance data shows Tesla has sold 293 cars in August
  • Automobile-prop said 213 these were Model 3
  • Avere France shows 518 Model 3s for July-August, which is 1 more than Automobile-prop's number (304+213=517).
  • They also show 70 Model S for July-August, which would leave 40 for August based on our July estimate of 30 (above)
  • No data on Model X.
So here is what I suggest and entered - approve it if you agree.
  • I leave the July estimate as is. It is based on actual numbers, only the split between S and X is approximated. Totals are accurate.
  • For August, I am going to go with 214 Model 3 based on Avere France as they are our primary source (518 total - 304 July=214)
  • For Model S, I am adding 40 cars (70 total - 30 I added for July = 40 for August).
  • For Model X its is a bit trickier. Based on CCFA, Tesla has sold 356+293 cars these two months, totaling 649 vehicles. 649 - 518 Model 3s = 131 S+X. 131 S+X - 70 S = 61 X. I've already added 22 X for July, so I am going with 61-22 = 39 X for August.

• Informative
@Troy @hobbes
And I've just noticed official UK Q2 numbers came out on 9/12, so I am doing the math on those as well. First takeaway: Tesla had an even better Q2 in the UK than we thought. Out totals were 706, but the actuals are 976 as per below. Actually, I am discarding 4 of these (in yellow) as they seem to be unknown or old models, so probably private second hand imports. Let me know if you disagree. Also, I am adding in all Model 3s for June only and calculating S/X monthly split with the help of the usual google spreadsheet. (BTW we will need an update on that google sheet as there is no place for Model 3 on it). I am adding this post as the source.

Totals per model will be:
Model 3: 177
Model S: 455
Model X: 340

upload_2019-9-14_15-17-56.png

Last edited:
@Troy @hobbes Ev-sales.blogspot.com is out with their Portugal numbers. I know we are generally don`t take their figures for granted as they do not really list sources... but I also know we don`t have detailed Portuguese numbers per model.

Their total numbers for the year match ours - 1321 - but have a different split of Models: a ~10% less 3 and ~50% more S/X than our estimates. Do we want to somehow update our figures based on their numbers, or leave them as is?

Model / TMC#/ EV-Sales #
Model 3 / 1087 / 972
Model S / 132 / 198
Model X /102 / 151

• Helpful
Hi, @mrdoubleb. We could wait for December numbers and then look at both Belgium and Portugal's yearly numbers to see how the split differs. Currently, the automated method we use applies the split observed in other countries in that month to Belgium and Portugal as well. My guess is, using the blog's split will have 0.2% overall effect. This isn't worth adjusting on a monthly basis but on a yearly basis, I can match the blog's split by changing the percentages in Administrative!Q47 and the green cells around it. Hobbes can decide if we should do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrdoubleb
Hi, @mrdoubleb. We could wait for December numbers and then look at both Belgium and Portugal's yearly numbers to see how the split differs. Currently, the automated method we use applies the split observed in other countries in that month to Belgium and Portugal as well. My guess is, using the blog's split will have 0.2% overall effect. This isn't worth adjusting on a monthly basis but on a yearly basis, I can match the blog's split by changing the percentages in Administrative!Q47 and green cells around it. Hobbes can decide if we should do that.
Makes sense. If we will get detailed data once the year end tally is done, it may be best to just wait for that.

@hobbes, @schonelucht, @Fanatic, @mrdoubleb can you help with the approvals? It would be good to have some data before the official numbers.

The moderator team of the investor section consider me as having 'a history of posting (links to) misleading articles'. Therefore I cannot participate anymore in the investor section and related projects like the EU registration numbers. I should probably have let you know that beforehand. Thank you for you understanding.

The moderator team of the investor section consider me as having 'a history of posting (links to) misleading articles'. Therefore I cannot participate anymore in the investor section and related projects like the EU registration numbers. I should probably have let you know that beforehand. Thank you for you understanding.

wow that is something! You are one and only one person I have a bookmark for and I never miss a single post you make.

IMHO you are one among the very few informed rational bulls that is left on this platform.

What a shame