Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least this is something concrete. Not only did they say they’d vote that week, they said they’d vote on the currently proposed bill.

Say what you want about pelosi. She can count votes and if it comes to a vote, it will pass. How different is the currently proposed House bill from what was passed in the senate?
As far as build back better goes nothing has passed the senate. Once the house passes it will go to the senate where the parlimentrian will likely strip out most of the immigration provisions and anything else that might violate the Byrd rule. Then Manchin and sinema can refuse to support certain areas (like paid family leave) until they are cut from the bill. Then that version of approved will have to go back to the house where the progressives will have to support it despite any further cuts. Still a lot of hurdles to Jump and we are getting closer and closer to the budget and debt ceiling deadline in early December which will sideline everything until that is done.

Reactions: Sexy_owner
They should remove the caps all together. If the end goal is move people to EVs, who cares what the cost is. Sedans capped at $55k makes no sense.
Here, let me fix it for you: ...the end goal is to move [lower/moderate income] people to EV's...

The point is that rich folks don't need help to buy a Plaid or a Taycan.

fwiw: if I was Elon, I'd manufacture an sw limited S for $80k. Locked battery, locked into RWD, locked max speed, no AP. Then, after delivery and possible rebate, offer a SW upgrade package for $35k to unlock all that stuff plus FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: oktane and hnguy054
Here, let me fix it for you: ...the end goal is to move [lower/moderate income] people to EV's...

The point is that rich folks don't need help to buy a Plaid or a Taycan.
There is already a progressive tax system. Folks who make more are taxed at a higher percentage. There is no need to complicate the tax code by putting an income limit/phase out on every single incentive.

There is already a progressive tax system. Folks who make more are taxed at a higher percentage. There is no need to complicate the tax code by putting an income limit/phase out on every single incentive.
I don't disagree, as I'm in favor of getting rid of all income tax deductions and complexities. That said, the MSRP and income limits were required to get votes. And if such limits is what it takes to pass the bill, they "make sense."

Last edited:
Reactions: leaftoy
Decided to ask my SA about the process of putting my MY delivery on hold to wait for the EV credit should the bill pass. The SA said they can only hold if it is within 90 days of when the order was placed and the hold period cannot exceed 30 days. I'm already beyond the 90 day point so not an option for me. Just wanted to share the info since I saw several different discussions about placing holds.

Decided to ask my SA about the process of putting my MY delivery on hold to wait for the EV credit should the bill pass. The SA said they can only hold if it is within 90 days of when the order was placed and the hold period cannot exceed 30 days. I'm already beyond the 90 day point so not an option for me. Just wanted to share the info since I saw several different discussions about placing holds.
Maybe trying calling Tesla directly through the call center. They were able to put mine on hold when my SA wasn’t getting back to me.