Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla forced to open superchargers to unlock billions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is about shared charging by end of 2024, so Elon and crew have some time. I’d rather see a car spit out a charger and move than develop tons of rules and fee schedules that annoy at least half the people. Besides this guarantees no idle fees for Teslas and puts pressure on other manufacturers to continue to keep up.

Sounds like Teslas need a way to unplug themselves, then summon themselves to a parking spot across from the charger…no more idle fees.

Reactions: slyderz3
This thread is about shared charging by end of 2024, so Elon and crew have some time. I’d rather see a car spit out a charger and move than develop tons of rules and fee schedules that annoy at least half the people. Besides this guarantees no idle fees for Teslas and puts pressure on other manufacturers to continue to keep up.
20 years ago I had to plug my phone in to charge. Now I set it on a pad,I can’t remember last time I plugged in and it’s great. Maybe someday we’ll have inductive supercharging.

20 years ago I had to plug my phone in to charge. Now I set it on a pad,I can’t remember last time I plugged in and it’s great. Maybe someday we’ll have inductive supercharging.
There have been attempts to make wireless vehicle charging work. The issue for public use they are considerably slower than a Supercharger or other DCFC. But I would love it if I could install one in my garage.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Tesla will not only get Billions but will also make money off that access to their SC. Smart move by Elon.

3C27CB28-AB19-420A-9A79-14BA3081CF20.png

Anyone else dreading the day they open superchargers to other OEMs? I think that’s gojng to really suck and make Tesla ownership a lot less special..

Routers: Open Superchargers to Unlock Billions

No one is forcing them to do this. They are offering an incentive. Big difference.

Tesla has been massively expanding SC, especially in the last year. In my area up until a year ago I had to go 20 miles for a SC or service center. Now there is a service center and 20 high speed SC location. There are 3 other SC in my city also currently in construction. There are also 3 new SC in next cities over. All new as well.

Sure Tesla is selling massive volume of cars but SC installs how been expanding more rapidly.

Those billions are also going to allow Tesla to do “A LOT”. Not to mention the extra income from non Tesla car charging.

I think as owners we just hung up on loosing our private charger club.

I foresee many threads on TMC about how much of an issue "this has become" in the coming weeks/months.

Despite the signup screen within the app explaining that one should not block multiple stalls when charging a non Tesla.

I doubt most non Teslas will use this unless it’s a fire situation. I don’t plan on using it unless EA is dead and that cord would have made it not sure why they did it the way they did.

I doubt most non Teslas will use this unless it’s a fire situation. I don’t plan on using it unless EA is dead and that cord would have made it not sure why they did it the way they did.
It seems that where the cord comes off the station and into the bolt, it doesn't seem as though there is a better option?
Unless the non Teslas start taking up the pull through spots that are used quite often by those of us that tow with a Tesla, and potentially CT owners... when ever that horse comes. :)

It seems as though high traffic corodors would have this issue more than others, but you never know these days. The 'new shiny' usually has the attention of the masses.