Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD 10.69.3.1 going to wide release now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After you subscribe to FSD, you need to request FSD Beta before you can get it. Until now, and maybe still, you have to meet certain requirements before you will actually receive the Beta; I don’t know if that changed with this wider release. Maybe someone else who wasn’t already in the FSD Beta request queue can try requesting it and see what happens.
I would like to know this as well. They should make this clear to the owner, you must wait in a queue and qualify before you're able to use all the features. So if you shell out money for a month to try it you'll likely not even get it during that time period.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here though, if one could purchase it and get all the FSD features immediately that would be fantastic.

I bought FSD for my M3 back in 2019. Had not requested Beta program as I didn't think I would have much to contribute as I just drive to work and back. Now that it has gotten to the point of the "wide release", I finally requested Beta yesterday and have been put into the queue, so my safety score is zero with no miles driven. I may intentionally not use AP to see if I get the Beta without doing the safety score. I don't use it normally anyway.
I am at 2022.40.4, so based on comments earlier in this thread, I'm not expecting anything until V11 is widely released, however.

Reactions: GSP
Didn't musk tweet that everyone will get Beta by end of year? - I mean everyone who bought or subscibed to FSD...
He stated that this was a major goal for Tesla. He did not state that it was a certainty, as I recall, though, given this weeks actions, I suspect that it is a very strong possibility*.

* Except for MCU1 vehicles and those that need camera upgrades, and who knows what other exclusions for older vehicles.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Didn't musk tweet that everyone will get Beta by end of year? - I mean everyone who bought or subscibed to FSD...
Everyone who wants it and has the appropriate hardware. I assume you'll still have to opt in, but who knows?

By the way, something I learned yesterday when I tried my new FSD Beta on the highway for the first time: if you have Navigate on Autopilot set to require lane change confirmations, as I do, you'll still need to confirm lane changes on the highway with FSD Beta, even though you don't have to when driving on city streets. I realize this is because the NoA functionality in FSD Beta V10 is the same as in non-Beta builds, but it seemed odd and I wasn't expecting it. NoA does ask you to confirm the lane change as usual, so you know why it's not happening automatically.

Reactions: BogeyGofler22
Ok so I'm throwing in my 2cents.
This afternoon I hit the Button and Requested the FSD Beta on the Autopilot page.
About my car: 2020 MYLR March 2020 build (early VINs were all Performance.) I bought FSD with the car(I mainly only use FSD on Highways & Freeways.).
Current S/W V2022.40.4.1
Safety Score
Beta now appears in the app.
I will update when and if this happens as we all know about Elon!

Ok so I'm throwing in my 2cents.
This afternoon I hit the Button and Requested the FSD Beta on the Autopilot page.
About my car: 2020 MYLR March 2020 build (early VINs were all Performance.) I bought FSD with the car(I mainly only use FSD on Highways & Freeways.).
Current S/W V2022.40.4.1
Safety Score
Beta now appears in the app.
I will update when and if this happens as we all know about Elon!
ive done exactly this and trust me, nothing happens...

I've watched a video supposedly showing the latest Autopilot improvements, and they seem to be better than before, (In light traffic), but I find it hard to trust the Autopilot when basic auto summons is so Iffy and can't seem to find my location at about 40 feet away.

I've watched a video supposedly showing the latest Autopilot improvements, and they seem to be better than before, (In light traffic), but I find it hard to trust the Autopilot when basic auto summons is so Iffy and can't seem to find my location at about 40 feet away.
You shouldn't trust it. I've been using it every day for about a year and I still don't trust it. It is much improved but still flawed.

If you're still on 2022.36.x.x, anyone with paid or subscribed FSD can get beta just by requesting it. If your car is already past that software to 2022.40.x.x or beyond, you'll have to wait for the FSD release to catch up (eg., V11).
What makes you think so? Who has done that successfully without going through the safety score rigmarole since Elon tweeted about it? Anybody? I've seen nothing. Lots of people newly getting FSD Beta, but I think they had already requested it before the tweet.

What makes you think so? Who has done that successfully without going through the safety score rigmarole since Elon tweeted about it? Anybody? I've seen nothing. Lots of people newly getting FSD Beta, but I think they had already requested it before the tweet.
If you hadn't requested beta before, you may have already been offered 2022.40, which precludes you from getting 10.69.3.1 FSD beta. I requested beta a couple weeks ago and have few, if any, autopilot miles on the car (one of the previous requirements) and I'm downloading right now (first time with WiFi access since before Thanksgiving).

Our Model Y 2020 LR did receive it Thursday. We have a crummy safety score (thanks to our driveway and the heavy sudden start and go traffic in this area), but got it anyway, my Model S has to wait for version 11.

It is interesting, but I don’t yet have confidence to not take over the wheel every couple of minutes.