Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was able to zoom in a bit more with my Canon G16.
GigafactoryClose.png

Was able to zoom in a bit more with my Canon G16.
View attachment 395736

I think the final shape (from an aerial perspective) of GF1 should look like someone giving the middle finger as a way to have fun with all the shorts, fudsters, and general nay sayers. Or if we want to go more positive there is always the option to go with one finger up as in "we're number 1", but that is a lot more boring.

I think the final shape (from an aerial perspective) of GF1 should look like someone giving the middle finger as a way to have fun with all the shorts, fudsters, and general nay sayers. Or if we want to go more positive there is always the option to go with one finger up as in "we're number 1", but that is a lot more boring.

Pft; it's obviously a representation of the Boring Company's flame thrower. xD Even the solar panels are meant to give that impression!

If true, this would dwarf GF1:
Chinese firm makes insane $23 billion investment in production of 1 million EVs/yr and 500 GWh of batteries - Electrek
Probably a translation mistake with 50 instead of 500. That would still be huge.

No, 1 million cars require at least 500 GWh of batteries. (For cars with a ~50kWh pack.) They did say that the battery production would be at two bases... So ~250GWh each. GF1 is slated to be expanded to ~105GWh if I recall correctly, maybe even significantly higher with the incorporation of the Maxwell technology.

• Disagree
Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
No, 1 million cars require at least 500 GWh of batteries. (For cars with a ~50kWh pack.) They did say that the battery production would be at two bases... So ~250GWh each. GF1 is slated to be expanded to ~105GWh if I recall correctly, maybe even significantly higher with the incorporation of the Maxwell technology.

Pretty sure that mikevbf was right here.
1,000,000 x 50 = 50,000,000 kwh (aka 50gwh)

Reactions: mikevbf and MP3Mike