Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla head on collision with a Honda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
then i will walk.

don't tread on me, yo...

You are welcome to, just avoid walking to close to ATMs, bank lobbies, store fronts, oh and don't buy any tickets for busses, airplanes, etc. oh, and may as well avoid renewing your driver's license as you don't want that information recorded about you.

Oops, stop buying from Amazon too.

Personally, as long as a warrant is required,I am thrilled to have black box information available to authorities. This data is going to be FAR more reliable than eye-witness accounts or even memory of those involved.

Why not? If the information is available and can aid a police investigation, why shouldn't they be allowed to subpoena it? I don't care that a Model S owner was involved...If he did something wrong (or right), and there is proof of that, then let it come out.

Tesla better not release them sh*ts.

I'll be selling my car if they do. that ain't cool in no kinda way...

- - - Updated - - -

Don't tread on me? I think the point is, if you tread on someone else with your car, the police ABSOLUTELY should be able to pull information to confirm that. If you can't do the time, don't commit the crime.

then i will walk.

don't tread on me, yo...

Last edited:
Tesla better not release them sh*ts.

I'll be selling my car if they do. that ain't cool in no kinda way...

Tell that to the wives and children of the two men who died. I think they'd kinda like to know if there was a culpable homicide there, alternatively the Tesla owner might like to be publicly exonerated if it wasn't his fault.

BTW, "ain't cool in no kinda way" is a double negative so either you mean it is cool or this was just provocative?

You do realize that ALL modern cars have data recorders in their control systems, and prosecutors subpoena the records for court cases all the time???

I feel the pliers might be finding their way out of the toolbox soon ... snip snip. no more black box lol

on a related note, I would never sign up for Progressive's "snapshot" program where you get a black box from Progressive, plug it into your car's diagnostic port, and they track your driving habits. If you drive safely, you get a discount. If you don't, well I geuss your rate goes up. lol. NO THANKS. i doubt setting cruise control at 95mph would help me get a better rate. lol