Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry mate. It is meaningless. Doesn't even mean the car has left the USA.

Isbrown, I just phoned Stone and he doesn't know where the cars are. Perhaps more likely (since it strains credulity that the local head wouldn't know where the first cars are) he is not allowed to tell us, and I can understand that. The message appears to be of the kind that would be sent in the USA just before local service centre preparation and delivery, and if this small group of 5 early production Australian Sigs all end up today with such notices and nobody else does, it would suggest to me that the cars have landed. But Stone says they have to launch the service centre first before they go anywhere (maybe 1-2 weeks) and then prepare them (1 week minimum) so we are well into mid-October for delivery in that scenario.

I, and I believe Dborn, have asked for adequate preparation time to sell assets (more than 7 days) to raise the funds so I think that will be the real signal.

Isbrown, I just phoned Stone and he doesn't know where the cars are. Perhaps more likely (since it strains credulity that the local head wouldn't know where the first cars are) he is not allowed to tell us, and I can understand that. The message appears to be of the kind that would be sent in the USA just before local service centre preparation and delivery, and if this small group of 5 early production Australian Sigs all end up today with such notices and nobody else does, it would suggest to me that the cars have landed. But Stone says they have to launch the service centre first before they go anywhere (maybe 1-2 weeks) and then prepare them (1 week minimum) so we are well into mid-October for delivery in that scenario.

I, and I believe Dborn, have asked for adequate preparation time to sell assets (more than 7 days) to raise the funds so I think that will be the real signal.

All sounds exciting! Not long now boys and girls :)

I like the "Boot" and "froot". The car is not an elephant, and does not have a trunk! Mind you, why is it called a "boot"? it doesn't fit on your feet either. Or why is it called a "cubby hole"? hmmmm.... Vagaries of the English language......

- - - Updated - - -

After over seven weeks my car is still listed as "In Production". That would have to be a new record.
That is ridiculous. Mine was in production between 5/8 and 20/8, but the new line had just come on stream. So there was probably a lot of QA done on the car and the actual construction may have been longer. Also, i have sig red, so there may also have been a batching issue in the paint shop. Seven weeks? I would contact Kasey Krape and ask her. [email protected]

'LGGD's Friend' - which went into production same day as mine is now listed as being prepared for pickup or delivery.

Good news! So, if your car is re-messaged tonight then there is only Isbrown left of the 5 cars to report a change, and as yet nobody outside of that group has reported a similar change. There was certainly enough time "in production" for those early Sig cars to have made the voyage.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I can bring myself to say "froot". I feel like I'm speaking "hobbit".

I'll just say - space in the front. Or - can you please open the front?

In Canada where I'm from, they always said 'hood' even if it was a VW. Is this an opportunity for some synthesis, 'hood' for the front and 'boot' for the back?

And no, this car is too upmarket for 'hoody' and 'booty'.

In South Africa, where I am from, the front opening panel is called a bonnet. But, boot and bonnet? I don't think so. Doesn't sound right. New technology car needs new terminology. So, I will go with boot and froot.
In Newcastle, where I am from, we call it a bonnet as well :) As in, what are you packing under your bonnet? Tesla owner answer "friggin' nothing" as they display their bowl of froot. Brilliant!

In South Africa, where I am from, the front opening panel is called a bonnet. But, boot and bonnet? I don't think so. Doesn't sound right. New technology car needs new terminology. So, I will go with boot and froot.

here's what the dictionary says
bonnet |ˈbɒnɪt|noun1 a woman's or child's hat tied under the chin and with a brim framing the face.• a soft, round brimless hat like a beret, as worn by men and boys in Scotland.• Heraldry the velvet cap within a coronet.• (also war bonnet)the ceremonial feathered headdress of an American Indian.2 Brit.the hinged metal canopy covering the engine of a motor vehicle.3 a cowl on a chimney.4 Sailing, historical an additional canvas laced to the foot of a sail to catch more wind.DERIVATIVESbonneted adjectiveORIGIN late Middle English (denoting a soft brimless hat for men): from Old French bonet, from medieval Latin abonnis ‘headgear’. Sense 1 dates from the late 15th cent.