Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, Tesla don't have a sales license in Victoria yet. Which is why at the Chadstone display they cannot talk about pricing or warrenties, but they can tell people is is "similar in cost to a *competitor car*" and tell people to view the website which has all the details. It'll be resolved soon, the VACC were kicking up a stink about 'death of dealerships is bad' thing a few weeks ago but nobody cares, they will not wield any influence, probably taking a long time because they must have applied right before Christmas.

No, Tesla don't have a sales license in Victoria yet. Which is why at the Chadstone display they cannot talk about pricing or warrenties, but they can tell people is is "similar in cost to a *competitor car*" and tell people to view the website which has all the details. It'll be resolved soon, the VACC were kicking up a stink about 'death of dealerships is bad' thing a few weeks ago but nobody cares, they will not wield any influence, probably taking a long time because they must have applied right before Christmas.

^^ This.

Still, I'm surprised it means you can't let people test drive.

At Last!
My Tesla S 85 is in Perth.
Expect delivery on 23/1/2015.

Getting temporary licence to take to Maddington for inspection.
Personalised plated ( NO CARBON ) to be fitted in Myaree but have no idea how to avoid AutoPilot sensors. Any thoughts?
What are the legalities in WA with using a sticker for your number plate. I've seen it done in NSW before although I'm pretty sure it's not legal.

At Last!
My Tesla S 85 is in Perth.
Expect delivery on 23/1/2015.

Getting temporary licence to take to Maddington for inspection.
Personalised plated ( NO CARBON ) to be fitted in Myaree but have no idea how to avoid AutoPilot sensors. Any thoughts?
All the cars in Sydney came with a plate mount attached to the nose cone so if you don't want the mount I would contact Tesla ASAP.
image.jpg

I had Tesla attach the plates with car grade double sided tape but the first try was not successful as there was an oily film on the mount. I cleaned the mount with degreaser and the second set of tape is holding firm.

Last edited: