Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So of the 727 electric passenger vehicles in NSW as at 31/12/2015, 300 are Tesla. Anyone know how many leafs in NSW? My guess is model S was the most common EV in NSW well before the end of 2015!

There were 183 ev as at 30/6/2012 before leaf was released so it seems leaf must be less than 244 especially given there are a few i3 in the last 12 months as well.

So of the 727 electric passenger vehicles in NSW as at 31/12/2015, 300 are Tesla. Anyone know how many leafs in NSW? My guess is model S was the most common EV in NSW well before the end of 2015!

There were 183 ev as at 30/6/2012 before leaf was released so it seems leaf must be less than 244 especially given there are a few i3 in the last 12 months as well.

There would be a few Mitsubishi iMievs in there as well. There is an AEVA member who lives near me that drives one and I have seen a different one at work. I think WestPac had at least one in the city also.

There were 650 total Leafs in Australia from memory and they've been selling them down slowly. Dealers only have a few black and red ones left (less then 20 Australia wide as an estimate).

My educated guess would be around 200 in NSW.

Last edited:
I won't start a new thread here as this is world news, but for those that don't stray out of the Australian sub forum this sounds pretty cool:

Electric GT World Series — Based Entirely On the Tesla Model S
they should race at the same weekend and location as formula e, just like the v8's currently do with f1 in melbourne, which is a concept pioneered at the adelaide f1 event. Racing will advance the motors and batteries rapidly.

Just checked out the Design Studio for Model S

Noticed that the standard 19" alloy wheels are now called "Silver Slipstream"

They look so similar to the optional 19" Cyclone Wheels. Why would you want to pay around $5000 extra (inc LCT) for these.

Thanks for the tip-off Lonewolf. I had just ordered an S90 with the Cyclone option, and Tesla were good enough to de-option it to the new Slipstreams, and now I think I'll invest the saving in dual chargers. I owe you a beer at least!

Might already be known by all, but thought I would post in case.

AEVA recently had a post on their Facebook page in relation to claiming cents per km business use for electric or hybrid cars. Details in attached image

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 68