Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just talked to Stone and will be going to see the Model S on Wednesday.
He also mentioned that they will be starting the test drive events "within the next few weeks".
So I am guessing they are making or are about to make some demo cars for the Australian test drives based on the Type approval just granted.:cool:

Congrats! Now the wait :).

As the great philosopher FranknFurter would say, enjoy the An...tici...............pation.

Cheers m8!

I'm glad I finally 'committed' but don't think it'll be long now before prices are released. Don't know how some of the lower# reservation holders have held onto their sanity for so long. :scared::cursing::crying:

+ I've had some recent 1on1 personal time with a few Tesla's in Japan - made the decision pretty easy. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations voyxr6 welcome to the obsession!

Cheers! Can definitely see what all the hype is about. :biggrin:

My reservation #161 came through 7 March 2014. So 38 additional reservations in about 9 Weeks, a little over 4 a week. Not bad with no sales centre and no local news coverage.

As long as the prices are attainable Tesla will to well in Australia. :cool:

And I'm #162 on 7 March :)

I just hope their customer delivery experience is all its raved up to be. Don't mind waiting if the process is done correctly. :smile:

GST breadth will be increased, but rates won't rise until around 2016-17: that's my prediction. So it won't impact on Model S sales for now I don't think.

They're holding off on pricing because of charging concerns I'm sure. But we all pretty much know what the pricing will be. Dborn said around $140k to Stone (for signature P85 I'm assuming), who said he was in the ballpark, so I'd doubt there will be any real surprises.

I think the approx $140k figure is for standard signature, not P.

Tasdevil, I'm going to move the custom plate conversation into this thread.

My wife, upon finding out that our next car was electric, reserved AMPED in NSW. Anyone else got custom plates coming?

No, but I played around on the website, there is so many awesome ones available. TESLAS was one, TESLA1 also I believe. If I had a reservation I would grab one for sure.

Just posted this in the other thread.

There are a lot of plates already taken in Victoria - TESLA, TSLA, SLNTBD, NOGAS, 3PHASE, MODELS.

Just looked 85KWH is still available ($1495) P85 ($1995) and TESP85 (comes out as TESP 85) for $655. The bargain seems to be TES 85 for $595.

Ironically, I'd really love to get Euro plates on my Model S - I think they suit the body shape incredibly well! However, I'm not sure if getting Euro plates on an American car is a crime too serious to consider :p

When I mentioned to Stone that it was an American car he corrected me and stated it was actually Californian, so I think you're fine to get EU style plates.