Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Dborn - that is where I ended up when I clicked on RSVP just now.
All ready for the big event. Flights booked. Overnight stay booked.
While I will not get my car do we expect you Sig buyers to get some of yours??

Yeah. I bet that Simon Hackett will get 2 cars, Mike Cannon-Brooke's will get 1 and the Brown brothers will get theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking to my DES today about something else so I asked if I can expect an invite.
He said production owners like me will be invited and to call on Friday if I haven't got an invite.
Still waiting on my invite.

Never fear, I haven't received invite either.

Thanks Dborn - that is where I ended up when I clicked on RSVP just now.
All ready for the big event. Flights booked. Overnight stay booked.
While I will not get my car do we expect you Sig buyers to get some of yours??
Yes there will be some deliveries on the night. I have had no indication yet that mine will be one of them (my car is not yet in Australia, but should be here early next week). I understand that one of our members was to be one of them (unless he posts i am not at liberty to mention his name), but regrettably he will be away from Sydney on the night (after all, none of us knew when this was going to be, and one can't put your life totally on hold), so he has requested no delivery til he returns.

Yes there will be some deliveries on the night. I have had no indication yet that mine will be one of them (my car is not yet in Australia, but should be here early next week). I understand that one of our members was to be one of them (unless he posts i am not at liberty to mention his name), but regrettably he will be away from Sydney on the night (after all, none of us knew when this was going to be, and one can't put your life totally on hold), so he has requested no delivery til he returns.

That's quite unfortunate. :(

We were hundreds - many hundreds - even though I didn't get my car (non-Signature) until 2 months later exactly.

This is the official Tesla Motors video:

We improvised a group photo of the ~25 TMC members we knew of there, you can see that at some stage in the video.

A time lapse here shows a bit of the revealing in the middle of the video:

We only got 8 days notice. 8 cars were delivered that night. Yes, 8 is a lucky number in the Chinese culture.

Is 14 a lucky number down under? Maybe you get 14 cars delivered on the 9th :)

I strongly suggest that you follow up RVSPs even after confirming online. We nearly missed our spots because we confirmed so early it didn't even get into the system. If you don't get an email confirmation shortly after, contact them to confirm you are on the guest list.

So happy for all of you, I can still feel the same excitement we had this summer. Cannot wait to see the Model S in OZ next time I visit. Fingers crossed for NZ that they can get Model S as well soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know for sure if Musk will be there? I doubt he went to all the European launch parties so maybe he'll skip Australia? Any suggestions for nearby accommodation? Help a Kiwi out!

The Launch Event is at "The Darling at the Star" which is a Hotel And will cost you AU$400 for the night.
Do a search on your favourite Hotel website for hotels in Pyrmont Sydney.
Cheapest I found nearby was the Ibis at Darling Harbour at about AU$200 a night.