Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll admit that I don't know much in this area, but I don't think there's that much of a connection/dependency on the AP version and the MCU. I could be wrong, though.

My comment wasn't quite about technical viability, I was thinking mostly from the standpoint of Tesla needing to test and support combinations of hardware that don't currently exist.

Bruce.

Reactions: ChrML
I’m sure the upgrade will happen. MCU1 is really struggling with these updates. Spotify is almost unusable and songs constantly skip. So much lag when pressing the screen. I’m scared to run requests for songs and have navigation on at the same time. Tesla has to do something about this.

So reading this thread, I decided to clear the 2 years of history from my car. Interestingly, many addresses will delete, but reappear when I go back into the address history. Any thoughts?

I deleted my profile, created new, but everything was still there even after that. So I’m a bit confuzzed.

Kev

So reading this thread, I decided to clear the 2 years of history from my car. Interestingly, many addresses will delete, but reappear when I go back into the address history. Any thoughts?

I deleted my profile, created new, but everything was still there even after that. So I’m a bit confuzzed.

Kev

Try swiping right on each location.

I think there is a bug when you try to “press and hold it for a second and tap X”

I had that exact same problem way back a year or two ago with some version v8.1. Deleted destinations would reappear after reopening the Nav. Only some destinations but always same ones, problem went away eventually after one of the updates, I forget exactly which one.

Does this really works? Sounds like an awful coding job to me.

Jan, I am one of those owners with a late 2017 MX who up until the 2019 updates experienced nearly flawless experiences. Since the 2019 updates I have experienced regular stuttering with Spotify, considerably long Power Up periods, jumbled letters in the main display and sometimes very sluggish response, indicator signal goes silent, a higher frequency of having to reboot, first inbound phone call no sound, etc. Overall, the software, in me experience, has become very unstable lately. Could be related to new features now consuming more CPU cycles (MCU1) and my vehicle only has 3G connectivity. Tesla Service has suggested I perform a Factory Reset, but so far I have resisted to avoid resetting all of my preferences, but if a Factory Reset does the trick, resetting personal settings is a small price to pay for near-flawless experience again.