Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I chatted with tech support at AT&T and gave the agent all the info including links to these threads and asked to escalate the issue, and made it clear that I, and other tesla owners with the same situation would be forced to change carriers if this problem is not fixed soon. Maybe other people here can do the same. Thx.
Well my app is working today over AT&T for the first time since mid July. Did my chat with AT&T Last night work? Was the problem fixed for anyone else?

Reactions: boonedocks
I've never had a problem with the app in two years of owning a 3 until today. I'm a Pixel 4 XL running Google Fi. Wifi, cell, doesn't matter, it won't connect. It can still send commands that are separate from the network (lock/unlock, pop frunk/trunk) but nothing more advanced like climate control and charging. I get a network time out. I've tried rebooting the phone and about everything else I can think of. Wondering if the fix for the ATT issue people are mentioning broke something else.

Edit: Force stopped the app and cleared cache. Began working immediately. Something funky there but at least it was an easy fix.

So did this really finally get resolved for everyone with an iPhone and on AT&T? Everyone always able to use their Tesla app when on cell service? It does sometimes work for me now, but not always.
iPhone XR user on AT$T (no, that wasn't a typo) and it's working flawlessly. Haven't had even one hiccup in weeks.

Might be worth uninstalling/re-installing and making sure you have the latest version of the app if you're still having problems.

Might also need to update the phone's provisioning if you're still having problems at that point. You can call AT$T and ask them to re-provision your phone. Just explain the issue that you're having.

This is for CELL network problems, though. I'm assuming the bluetooth functionality is working correctly.

iPhone XR user on AT$T (no, that wasn't a typo) and it's working flawlessly. Haven't had even one hiccup in weeks.

Might be worth uninstalling/re-installing and making sure you have the latest version of the app if you're still having problems.

Might also need to update the phone's provisioning if you're still having problems at that point. You can call AT$T and ask them to re-provision your phone. Just explain the issue that you're having.

This is for CELL network problems, though. I'm assuming the bluetooth functionality is working correctly.
Yes, fully understanding this is about cell connectivity. Works perfect on WiFi (except at a relative’s house where the WiFi is as bad as dial up) and model 3 Bluetooth phone as key is fine. I could have written many of the posts in this thread. Noticed the problem late July. Did the log out/in, delete and reinstall app back then. That didn’t fix it.

I mostly live on WiFi so I didn’t stay on top of whether I still had the problem. This past week, though, I had several instances of it not working. But I also have some instances of it does work on cell coverage. Like today, I can’t get it to fail when I want to further explore fixes.

I have an iPhone 11. One difference for me is that I don’t have AT$T, but cheapo Cricket which is owned by AT&T and uses AT&T towers. So there is a chance that I have a different permutation of the same problem. Was the end consensus that the fault was totally with AT&T?

I have the exact same problem
Yes, fully understanding this is about cell connectivity. Works perfect on WiFi (except at a relative’s house where the WiFi is as bad as dial up) and model 3 Bluetooth phone as key is fine. I could have written many of the posts in this thread. Noticed the problem late July. Did the log out/in, delete and reinstall app back then. That didn’t fix it.

I mostly live on WiFi so I didn’t stay on top of whether I still had the problem. This past week, though, I had several instances of it not working. But I also have some instances of it does work on cell coverage. Like today, I can’t get it to fail when I want to further explore fixes.

I have an iPhone 11. One difference for me is that I don’t have AT$T, but cheapo Cricket which is owned by AT&T and uses AT&T towers. So there is a chance that I have a different permutation of the same problem. Was the end consensus that the fault was totally with AT&T?

I have the exact same problem. Model 3, iPhone 11, cricket wireless

Yes it was totally an AT&T problem, and it does appear that it was fixed for us weeks ago. It definitely was for me.
Still an issue with Cricket Wireless. Ready to pursue it.... but no idea what to say to customer service..... at same place as @jlindy was:
but how would i approach AT&T about this?me to customer service - My phone won’t connect to my car. CS- Do you have service? Me - Yes. CS - Do you have internet? Me -Yes. CS - Then it must be an issue with your car and not our problem. Thank you goodbye.

Does anyone know what the actual problem was, or could maybe throw a few buzzwords at me to use in my complaint? Telling them that I get a “Network Timeout” error on one (and only one) of my apps seems non compelling to generate action.

the app does not connect to my Y. Just sits and spins. WiFi on, WiFi off, signed out of the app, download the update, etc. nothing works
That sounds like a different issue, if it’s also not connecting on WiFi. Does it just take a long time (up to a minute is what I’ve considered normal) or does it never connect? If you go out to the car, does the car show LTE, WiFi or no signal?

That sounds like a different issue, if it’s also not connecting on WiFi. Does it just take a long time (up to a minute is what I’ve considered normal) or does it never connect? If you go out to the car, does the car show LTE, WiFi or no signal?
Right now the car and phone are on the same WiFi network. However it does this even when both are on cellular. Happened at the store and a buddies house yesterday.

Right now the car and phone are on the same WiFi network. However it does this even when both are on cellular. Happened at the store and a buddies house yesterday.
Hey Protect1989,
FirstNet (for anyone who doesn’t know, it’s provided by AT&T) here too and I’ve been have the same issue only on cellular connecting to the vehicle. WiFi works perfect for connecting to the vehicle. I use the Remote app as a workaround currently. What was peoples way of getting ATT to fix the issue?

Hey Protect1989,
FirstNet (for anyone who doesn’t know, it’s provided by AT&T) here too and I’ve been have the same issue only on cellular connecting to the vehicle. WiFi works perfect for connecting to the vehicle. I use the Remote app as a workaround currently. What was peoples way of getting ATT to fix the issue?
All of the sudden my app started working again. I don’t know if it was just a network issue or if the problem still exists but I’m just not using the app as much.
So no clue if a specific fix was ever actually pushed out.