Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla keeps forcing me to accept things I didn't pay for!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 85D was advertised and delivered with a 5.2 second 0-60 time.
I was appalled to discover a few weeks later that they delivered a software update (under cover of darkness) that reduced the time to 4.4 seconds. How can I stop this madness!
Not only that, but people have measured under 4 seconds in an 85D at the track-yet another case of misleading specs!

If this dangerous trend of increasing performance after the fact continues, there is a real danger of a negative 0-60 time and breaking the laws of time and space so clearly explained a 100 years ago by Mr Einstein. Who is going to pay for that ticket? Tesla?

When will the madness end?

Not only that, but people have measured under 4 seconds in an 85D at the track-yet another case of misleading specs!

If this dangerous trend of increasing performance after the fact continues, there is a real danger of a negative 0-60 time and breaking the laws of time and space so clearly explained a 100 years ago by Mr Einstein. Who is going to pay for that ticket? Tesla?

When will the madness end?
I think we can blame Dr. Emmett Brown.

This is a real question. Is it possible to schedule, like using the calendar or something? As you've said, all of us could be better, so I want to learn something that I may have missed or simply user error.:wink:
Schedules itself now if you have predictable home work schedule. Are you suggesting they'll force me to take another future improvement to it? This has got to stop!

"Trip functions in energy app"

I lol'd at the thought of trip planner being anything one would be grateful for. :p

I do get the humor of the post, and it's intentions. The 85D power upgrade was something really astonishing, but I don't think that was intended from the start. I think it came about as a reshuffling of the lineup that resulted in the bonus to those owners. Lucky bastards.

Mostly though I feel like the Tesla MS for the foreseeable future is in perpetual beta. Before I bought the car lots of the things were promised. Some of those fit within the Autopilot and some didn't. I don't really see Tesla as giving me anything I didn't pay for, but delivering on things promised. Sure what they deliver doesn't always match what's promised. Sometimes it just doesn't make the cut like an SDK to build apps.

I also believe Tesla has changed the game. This will no longer be something unique to Tesla. There is just too much SW these days, and there is just too much interaction with other things. A car that doesn't have SW updates is going to be seen as pitiful.

- - - Updated - - -

After a tire rotation took longer than it should have, a Tesla goon literally marched me out to the merchandise area and forced me to choose two items for free. He wouldn't let me leave until I grabbed something. It's awful!

I think I need to schedule a tire rotation.

"Trip functions in energy app"

I lol'd at the thought of trip planner being anything one would be grateful for. :p

The trip planner is at best so-so, but I think they're referring to the Trip tab in the Energy app, the one that shows your projected charge level at your destination. That one is extremely useful and I have to wonder how annoying it must have been to do long trips without it. (I got my car after it was introduced, so I can't, uh, complain about getting it for free later.)