Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Alarm? My car was broken into and the alarm didn't go off...

Does the Model 3 have an alarm system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oakland, CA, I'm sorry. Yes the windows smash & grab has become an epidemic in and around the Bay area. It has made national news, everybody knows about it. But it happens every day because it takes less than a second for people to do it and grab whatever they see inside. And there's little risks involved, whether your car has alarm or not, they don't care.

Best way to protect yourself right now is to not leave anything that resembles value in your car. Even a gym bag would trigger someone to break your window and grab it. Also don't leave valuables in the trunk either, it's not safe. If you want to go a step further, pull the backseats down so they can peek inside your trunk without smashing the window.

Anyways, sorry for your troubles. But if you live in or around Bay area, you should take extra precautions where you park and what you leave inside your car.

Reactions: Runnergirl
How do they get stuff out that little window? Are they opening the door after?

They pull down the folding seat and if they see something they want then they smash the side window, crawl into the car and get it out. They never open the door so the alarm never goes off.

Elon proposes playing loud music at them when they do this, where-as I think some buckshot to the face from a built-in sentry gun would be a better prophylactic.

• Funny
Reactions: TEG
If punishment was losing your hand instead of a simple citation and your on your way home I bet we would see allot less of these break-ins.

Lol, no we wouldn't. They rarely get caught, how could they be punished?

I in NO WAY endorse this but a several years ago I borrowed a truck from a friends Dad and he made a point of telling me not to drink the Vodka in the center console because he had swapped it out for methanol to punish anyone who broke in and stole it and decided to drink it.

I’ve had several work trucks broken into over the years. These days all my guys are instructed to leave the doors unlocked on all our trucks. There has been no increase in theft but we have had fewer break-ins. What really irritates me is when som knucklehead breaks the window on an unlocked truck.

I in NO WAY endorse this but a several years ago I borrowed a truck from a friends Dad and he made a point of telling me not to drink the Vodka in the center console because he had swapped it out for methanol to punish anyone who broke in and stole it and decided to drink it.

I’ve had several work trucks broken into over the years. These days all my guys are instructed to leave the doors unlocked on all our trucks. There has been no increase in theft but we have had fewer break-ins. What really irritates me is when som knucklehead breaks the window on an unlocked truck.

My worry at that point would be some scumbag hanging out in my car, pissing and crapping and smoking and whatever else awful human beings do in other peoples' cars.

My worry at that point would be some scumbag hanging out in my car, pissing and crapping and smoking and whatever else awful human beings do in other peoples' cars.

Our work trucks get rinsed out with a hose when they get really dirty. In general though, I think unlocked doors are the best plan. Just week my neighbor had no damage to his three cars while others had broken windows because he left his cars unlocked. Happily, they did catch the idiots with backpacks full of loot.

Our work trucks get rinsed out with a hose when they get really dirty. In general though, I think unlocked doors are the best plan. Just week my neighbor had no damage to his three cars while others had broken windows because he left his cars unlocked. Happily, they did catch the idiots with backpacks full of loot.

I'd much rather have a broken window than some dirtbag using my car as a toilet or for smoke breaks. On the other hand, I also park in my garage at night, unlike 98% of people who have garages and park in the driveway for some reason.