Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, Tesla has blocked you. You can no longer order any Tesla products. I'm so sorry.

Totally joking, lol, sounds like they might be doing some upgrades or something because you're meant to be able to edit your design up until you take ownership of the vehicle, from memory.
Actually that is not entirely correct. According to Tesla FAQ in Australia:
Can I edit my Model 3 design after placing my order?
Yes. Log into your Tesla Account, select the ‘Manage’ button next to your Model 3 and select ‘Edit Design’. The order can be modified at any point until your vehicle has been assigned.

So if they have assigned a vehicle (I would suspect that is the VIN code showing up there) they are no longer required to let you change the order. They might still let you do it... Who knows...

Thanks for asking. Real work got in the way.

Re Seoul - why it is an unlikely ship
1. NZ vins registered dates have been from July 7 batch (And 1 July 21). This isn’t the manufacture date but it seems unlikely to be transported and containerised for Seoul on July 8 load - not enough time
2. No confirmed sightings in Nz.
3. At The Farm it was said 1 batch here for deliveries August, one for September deliveries. Cap and Brotonne fit best with the other info we know re those.

Why it might have 3s
1. Tesla said vins assigned on ship arrival.
(But a hidden vin isn’t what they meant probably)
2. The containers could be anywhere if the containers were moved from the port rather than unloaded there.

I still think the vins reason make this not the ship. Not Seoul.

But as always, Tesla works in mysterious ways. Only Tesla knows for sure.

Seoul arrives in Sydney tonight.
@Vedaprime - Do you think it may be possible that people are getting vins and then having them disappear because others are ordering configurations via their reservations that are ahead of the person who originally was assigned that vin and therefore bumping them down the list? I mean it would be A LOT of movement of people ordering, but still possible right?

While the registrations are showing that the vins are outside the windows, the vehicles could have been manufactured before the date, and shipped and then registered after the ship has left, meaning that they could still very well be on the Seoul Express, and the 'no visible sightings' of vehicles, just mean that people haven't seen the contents of the containers.

I realise I'm clutching at straws here, and my imagination is running wild, but hey... I'm 29 years old and dam- *oh shiny firetruck*.

Do you think it may be possible that people are getting vins and then having them disappear because others are ordering configurations via their reservations that are ahead of the person who originally was assigned that vin and therefore bumping them down the list? I mean it would be A LOT of movement of people ordering, but still possible right?

IMHO I think reservations don't mean nearly as much as people think they do. Tesla wants money and they want it as quickly as possible. Even in their FAQ the answer to priority is very wishy-washy.

Hence why those in NZ who chose cash vs. finance were quickly assigned a VIN. I remember someone saying they had to call and let tesla know their finance was approved because they didn't get an invoice.

Has anyone who ordered a perf stealth had a VIN number and it vanish? if so then thats proven false as you cannot order that model now.
This is just pure speculation at current stage, but I suspect they did not load the cars on the ships according to the exact orders but manufactured and loaded a number of cars with the mix of each trim and colour according to the ordering averages and now that the time is starting to get close they are starting to sort out and match them. However, since the cars are not exactly loaded according to the reservations, they hide the values when they do the matching, so if they need to prioritize some or if some have not confirmed payment options or trade-ins or need to postpone delivery, they will have options to shuffle them. Once they assign the VIN and make it visible, it will be more hassle trying to explain why they had to change it.

Actually that is not entirely correct. According to Tesla FAQ in Australia:
Can I edit my Model 3 design after placing my order?
Yes. Log into your Tesla Account, select the ‘Manage’ button next to your Model 3 and select ‘Edit Design’. The order can be modified at any point until your vehicle has been assigned.

So if they have assigned a vehicle (I would suspect that is the VIN code showing up there) they are no longer required to let you change the order. They might still let you do it... Who knows...
Ahh yer, that's what I was thinking of, I knew I had read it somewhere before.

Yep its not impossible but I thought they had a longer lead time than that given I expect VIN numbers to be sourced before the start of that particular cars production

5-6 days to actually make the car, few days to transport it etc.

I might see if I can get any Uk vins over the weekend. I know all their ship dates as another RHD data point as a comparison.

Reactions: Priit and Random206
Who else thinks the next stage of Tesla payment will open up today?

Well the app is shot for me again..
upload_2019-8-9_14-16-7.png

Reactions: Random206