Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping delivery milestone is close by. Bali trip is very close (2nd -12 Sept) and we certainly don't want to miss out on first lot of deliveries

Ouch that's cutting it fine. Hope it all works out for you! I think they might let you sign an authority for someone to collect it. Even though it says you must sign, I've seen bits and pieces elsewhere saying you can nominate someone.

I have an SR+ ordered and didn't get an option box for custom plates so have emailed Tesla Australia delivery team for clarification as we have custom plates. Would just be easier than having to go back to Vic Roads and change number plates.

Got a text also from Tesla regarding delivery milestones around 2pm today and needing to update/add delivery details but we have input residential address, pick up is at Cremorne and we are using a personal self-arranged loan so nothing else was needing changed or added. I'm guessing this was sent to everyone in a generic manner?

Hoping delivery milestone is close by. Bali trip is very close (2nd -12 Sept) and we certainly don't want to miss out on first lot of deliveries

As much as I like Bali I can't see your holiday being very enjoyable if you take delivery of a Tesla a few days beforehand. Just hold off looking at the phone app for as long as possible each day, you won't yearn for the car so much!

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
What’s the question? Afaik cars will need few days for logistics company to process (get out of containers), check for damages, flush latest software update, charge and start delivering to Tesla. I expect deliveries to start end of month. My own experience is that you get an email - 2 weeks out with few days where they have delivery slots available.

This seems the most reasonable estimate given the cars are not even here yet.

I can’t see a vin yet but in the code I can see what I think will be the final price on my contract it’s about $30 more than the estimate when I placed the order. Guess I will have to go without coffee for a week :(
I think we both know that won't happen.
A true Aussie goes without dinner for a couple days instead of coffee haha.

Reactions: TEZLA3-AUS
Ouch that's cutting it fine. Hope it all works out for you! I think they might let you sign an authority for someone to collect it. Even though it says you must sign, I've seen bits and pieces elsewhere saying you can nominate someone.

You are right. Can nominate with a letter of authority BUT..no family here to help and don't feel like I want someone else to collect the car, park it out the front on the street and let it sit for 10 nights :-( Very tight with delivery and right now I don't mind if we get pushed back for delivery to mid Sept. I think we might be cutting it very fine indeed but will see what happens..

This seems the most reasonable estimate given the cars are not even here yet.

The angst is from NZ, as nobody has seen anything yet from the port or elsewhere from the very ship we are stalking as it arrived there Sunday night.

I do believe the logistics argument, just because we haven’t spotted it, doesn’t mean it isn’t happening in NZ

Last edited: