Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just read this thread after seeing link on Electrek. as a Queenslander living in Germany, i picked my M3 LR AWD in February 2019, and I remember the excitement of going through the delivery experience as you guys are going through it now! and I can promise you nothing compares to driving this brilliant machine everyday. nearly there - and ENJOY!

Have been advised of a new hidden vin 4432xx in the Australian. This is first before the initial NZ vins. It takes the known vins now across a 750-800 range now to 4440xx. Caveat. Could be gaps in vins. All are from July 7 batch in this range.

488xxx, 489xxx are from Aug 1 batch, 499xxx from Aug 11 batch (1 advised) - either are temp vins, or September ship arrivals.

Ok if you enter (once logged in)
Tesla SSO – Login
or
Tesla SSO – Login

And inspect the source you can find your vin number also

Mine is 5YJ3F7EB9KF517xxx

The Aug 11 range goes up to 520xxx, so it is in that. There is no confirmation from @model3vins on twitter this range even has RHD, and this has been a reliable source. Am still leaning towards a temp vin. I’ll add it to the range I am keeping. Thanks for the info.

Cap track update F4F0AA49-758B-4185-B46B-838CB89C47F8.png

Reactions: 1st in Line
I can’t see a vin yet but in the code I can see what I think will be the final price on my contract it’s about $30 more than the estimate when I placed the order. Guess I will have to go without coffee for a week :(
Good news for you. 7-Eleven has currently a deal on that if you bring your own cup, you get free coffee. I believe that deal is on for the next 2 weeks. So that should help you save up that difference without having to give up too much.

Anyone else not have a Vin in their source code yet? I've ordered a SR+, paying cash, ordered 25th June, no configuration changes.
Nothing for me. LR AWD, ordered 17th of July, no configuration changes. Waiting... waiting... waiting...

(I'm reminded of a scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail - starts at the 49 second mark if you're bored.)

Model 3s are exploding. Cancel order? Tesla Model 3 explodes after collision
While this is unfortunate take into consideration this statement from a Tesla on safety of electric cars. I am NOT cancelling my order yet.

Tesla notes that from 2012 – 2018, “there has been approximately one Tesla vehicle fire for every 170 million miles traveled. By comparison, data from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and U.S. Department of Transportation shows that in the United States there is a vehicle fire for every 19 million miles traveled.”

Tesla Model 3 fire in Moscow: What we know so far

Source: