Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a non reservation holder but early order I am very curious to see if any non reservation holders get a delivery call. There are thousands of reservation holders and if they decide to only fill reservation orders first (unlike what they did in some other markets) then some of us could be in for a long wait.....

So far it seems only very early reservation holders have gotten a call

Nissan Leaf can do V2G. Elon was asked about this couple of years ago and apparently he said they have a different product for this called Powerwall so Tesla was not looking into adding this functionality to their cars. Though it would be awesome, it would most likely cannibalize Powerwall sales too much for Tesla to put much effort into doing this.

Basically anything with chademo can do v2g, like my old phev, it's a fundamental part of the connection. Just not much uses chademo now, and the spec for ccs isn't finished yet afik

I was in Brisbane today and dropped into Tesla. They had the M3P white on white there for test drives, totally reaffirmed my decision, looks sooo nice in the flesh. We were going to call ours wasp, but now thinking of marshmallow... those seats, mmmm

This has been raised a few times - the M3 is not a very photogenic car only really ever looks good with a wide angle photo, particularly if the front is involved. Apparently in real life it looks a lot better.

I just saw one in the wild :D. At Loganholme south of Brisbane at the M1.

Is hard to see the numberplate in the picture, but looks like one of those from a press-car.

212iis8.jpg

2rr5s3n.jpg
Yes. It’s one of the ex press, now demo
9FEF81C8-EAB5-4319-86DA-E56CE2FCCDF2.jpeg

and no VINs hidden in source code (yet) from the "middle" ranges of RHD VIN registrations. ie >446XXX <478XXX This range would suit shipping after Cap Capricorn up to Warnambool, I wonder if we may see some further hidden VINs make an appearance from this range of VINs.
(There is ~7200 RHD in that range)

Maybe. We currently haven’t seen any UK, and Aus-NZ mixed togetther, but early days. I am keeping an eye on UK vins on their forums to
see if they invade our ranges.

NZ, is sitting in a tight band 443500-443680 and then Rob almost by himself at 517xxx

.... and as for some of us the waiting continues, I thought it might be an opportune time to remind people here that others have waited far longer for their cars than us.

People in the former East Germany had to wait up to 13 years for their "Trabant", as explained on Wikipedia:

"Being a state monopoly, it took ten years to acquire a Trabant,[10] East German buyers were placed on a waiting-list of up to thirteen years.[11] The waiting time depended on their proximity to Berlin, the capital.[6] Official state price was 7,450 GDR marks and the demand to production ratio was forty three to one (1989). The free market price for a second-hand one was more than twice the price of a new one, and the average worker had to wait ten to thirteen years on a waiting list, or, if available, pay more than double for a second hand one.[11]"

Spotted in Artarmon, NSW. (Overflow car park for Artarmon branch)
Looking very sweet indeed.
Side note this car park flooded last year in that Sydney downpour and there were several Model S’s floating around down there..
no pun intended? ha

The blue looks dark in low light/cloud conditions and light when it is very light. I think it looks better without sunlight so imho good for europe but shitty for Australia.

.... and as for some of us the waiting continues, I thought it might be an opportune time to remind people here that others have waited far longer for their cars than us.

People in the former East Germany had to wait up to 13 years for their "Trabant", as explained on Wikipedia:

"Being a state monopoly, it took ten years to acquire a Trabant,[10] East German buyers were placed on a waiting-list of up to thirteen years.[11] The waiting time depended on their proximity to Berlin, the capital.[6] Official state price was 7,450 GDR marks and the demand to production ratio was forty three to one (1989). The free market price for a second-hand one was more than twice the price of a new one, and the average worker had to wait ten to thirteen years on a waiting list, or, if available, pay more than double for a second hand one.[11]"

yeah my dad wasn't very impressed with my 3 year wait at all. Then again he also wasn't impressed after I switched the speakers of my old BMW E46 as he "already installed 2 bookshelf speakers and a radio from west germany in his Trabi in the 80s".

We saw the blue as well. Looked really sharp to me, especially with the white interior. No losers here imo.
Kota Ekspres will dock in Auckland within the hour.

We can’t really confirm this is ship 2, but It is looking promising given the vin range is 1400 we know of from the first vin reg. The 500 per ship might check out for Cap, Kota, and Brotonne. We don’t have enough to confirm this is the. case.

Latest

4DAA5DE3-15FB-4798-AA4E-00477261DE79.jpeg

Reactions: BarnabySydney
Reservation date Trump's order date. Nice one.
Tesla rang me today suggesting I order a LR AWD, as it has a (slightly) better range than my preferred LW RWD. Mainly due to better regenerative braking. He also said the LR RWD won't be returning, and that I may as well cancel my reservation.
He further advised that reservation holders get delivery priority over non-reservation holders.