Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance of a standard power socket at work, even for a week or so? In a 9 hour workday you could add maybe 15kWh into your battery, enough for at least 80km. Do another 12 hours overnight and you might just make it!

Edit: also noticed that there is a 22kW Tesla Destination charger at the Atura Hotel Dandenong. At 11kW, this will give you about 55km/h, so maybe long boozy lunches are also in order?

eh you quoted the wrong person, not sure why my name is in the quote.

In Canberra, just got delivery bumped from Monday to "later in the week".

Hi davepretty, sorry to hear that. We’re in the same boat. We were looking forward to having our car on Monday in Canberra. Phone call around 5pm this arvo to say it won’t be until later next week. Our account shows delivery now as Friday 27th at 2.30. Believe Vigleik, Mendol and cbrsr+ (all in Canberra) are similar. Pity we just arranged insurance cover this afternoon starting from Monday and had the sparky coming Tuesday.

Hi davepretty, sorry to hear that. We’re in the same boat. We were looking forward to having our car on Monday in Canberra. Phone call around 5pm this arvo to say it won’t be until later next week. Our account shows delivery now as Friday 27th at 2.30. Believe Vigleik, Mendol and cbrsr+ (all in Canberra) are similar. Pity we just arranged insurance cover this afternoon starting from Monday and had the sparky coming Tuesday.

Ah yeah, my dashboard has now been updated to Friday 11am.

My guess is they re-prioritised getting cars further afield from Sydney earlier in the week and pushed back deliveries to places closer to Sydney such as Canberra as they are lower risk to meeting the end of quarter delivery deadline.

Hi All,

first time post here at this forum.

Absolutely great to see all the excitement about the deliveries of M3's here in Australia :)

I have a question since I couldn’t find a satisfying answer online and hope that this community can help me.

Given the fact that the M3’s currently rolling out, it might be a bit soon for the Australian market for this question, but if anyone has some experience with child seats, a feedback would be greatly appreciated.
To be a bit more specific: How does the space for a rear facing child/baby seats holding up with a taller person (I’m about 1.97,…whatever that is in feet ). I did find “some” YouTube videos and “some” online Feedback, but it seems they mostly focus on forward facing seats.

Congrats to everyone who’s taking delivery these days
I agree that this can be an issue. The car before this one was purchased with that in mind; there's really nothing for it except to go and measure the cars. My kids are forward facing now, though, and I can't remember what constitutes a good or bad distance!

My gut feeling, though, based on the amount of forward-facing kids seat leg room, is that it's about the same as our mazda6 (gen2) which we chose because it had enough room for someone taller than a midget to sit comfortably in front of a rear facing seat...

Google is my friend.
So apparently HW3 writes the sentry mode video files using H265 (aka HEVC) and 2.5 writes using H264 (aka AVC).
Though I found some people saying a software update made all HW versions write H264 files.
The only way to be sure is to ask Tesla.
Also, if you did get HW2.5, and if you upgrade to FSD, a HW3 computer is installed free.
phew. cap capricorn SR+ (july 11 build date) writes H265.

Yeah 10hr work day and charge at night and hopefully will make it. Otherwise supercharger in Richmond on the way home. But the long lunch does sound like a good option

So if ure running between Geelong and Dandenong for work...

If u have a look on PlugShare there’s a tritium ccs2 / chadamo 50kw at Altona.

Hobsons Bay Civic Centre
115 Civic Parade, Altona VIC 3018, Australia

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

For some strange reason it doesn’t show up on chargefox app but it is one of theirs. but there are multiple successful checkin listed in plugshare.

Also note I’ve noticed in plugshare app it doesn’t show ccs chargers using the Tesla model 3 profile, have to fiddle in show incompatible chargesmoption to display them (even though it’s compatible)

Hope that helps.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman and Bousa
it was due at 10:00am this morning ; delivery guy door bell rang at 8am. I was not ready lol. He had two more on for delivery after mine and said five more were going out in Perth today. Delivery took all of 5 minutes. My grumbles: front floor mat was out for delivery (i originally thought it was missing (but was put on top of the LHS passenger mat) so front carpet is dirty, Some scratches around the cup holder. The car decided it wanted to do a software update on the driveway so just waiting for it to complete that before setting up the car. will upload some images later
it was due at 10:00am this morning ; delivery guy door bell rang at 8am. I was not ready lol. He had two more on for delivery after mine and said five more were going out in Perth today. Delivery took all of 5 minutes. My grumbles: front floor mat was out for delivery (i originally thought it was missing (but was put on top of the LHS passenger mat) so front carpet is dirty, Some scratches around the cup holder. The car decided it wanted to do a software update on the driveway so just waiting for it to complete that before setting up the car. will upload some images later
IMG_0653.jpg

set up was easy! I spoke to the delivery consultant (Xanthe) at Melbourne delivery. She set up my phone app as the key and took me through the controls. Some minor panel issues RH front corner, other minor bibs and bobs and the TESLA T is crooked! Have been out playing all day-lol. The performance oh the performance! My son says I'll lose my licence within a week!

You're lucky you get a reply. That could mean November for both of us. But I am going to go oversea in November. Mentioned that in the email. I guess that's why they didn't reply. They should have though. We would have said just slot us in last week of Nov or any time Dec. Everyone would have been happy. Anyhow, dropped a voice mail yesterday. Not really expect any call back. So tomorrow, might pay them a visit at Cramorne.

I’d love to hear what they tell you. I’m in the same boat Melb/P3D+/red/black, no vin

Reactions: TASKA9
Me again, the one with all the defects. Found another more potentially major problem. I noticed the rear roof glass is not centred but pushed all the way to one side. No real drama unless, like me you want to instal a roof rack. From what I understand of the model 3 roof rack hooks onto the glass, but the rear hook on the rear right won't be able to fit between the metal and the glass. Does anyone know if the glass is glued on, or if its just bolted and thus can be easily adjusted by service? Attached images show the interface between rear and front roof, viewed from the rear of vehicle
IMG_2588.JPG
IMG_2589.JPG

I'm drooling with jealousy that you have yours -- and I don't have mine!!!

How do you get the minor issues fixed? What is the process Tesla recommend for Perth people (no Tesla store here)?

McCarthy Prestige, Claremont do Tesla body work and have Tesla HPWCs outside, and our "service centre" is hidden round the corner from them with three Tesla Technicians.

Reactions: DavidRL
set up was easy! I spoke to the delivery consultant (Xanthe) at Melbourne delivery. She set up my phone app as the key and took me through the controls. Some minor panel issues RH front corner, other minor bibs and bobs and the TESLA T is crooked! Have been out playing all day-lol. The performance oh the performance! My son says I'll lose my licence within a week!
Good one m3y3addict, congrats and ya, was same delivery lady for me..I was her second delivery and I think I gave her a hard time, she's probably learning fast! All these little defects go away with that accelerator pedal.

Have any SR+ vehicles been delivered / scheduled for delivery before the end of next week in WA ?

Mine is Tuesday at 4pm.

Must admit I think I got lucky as I didn't have a reservation. I reckon what happened is that a few people who ordered red then changed to white when it became the 'free' colour, so that shifted me up the list a bit. Build date of 11 July supports.

So if ure running between Geelong and Dandenong for work...

If u have a look on PlugShare there’s a tritium ccs2 / chadamo 50kw at Altona.

Hobsons Bay Civic Centre
115 Civic Parade, Altona VIC 3018, Australia

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

For some strange reason it doesn’t show up on chargefox app but it is one of theirs. but there are multiple successful checkin listed in plugshare.

Also note I’ve noticed in plugshare app it doesn’t show ccs chargers using the Tesla model 3 profile, have to fiddle in show incompatible chargesmoption to display them (even though it’s compatible)

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
I might even do some recon on one of my last diesel fueled commutes next week.

Ahh, range is most certainly mainly about the battery pack. Then less (but still somewhat significant) about the weight, ride height, both rotational inertia and aerodynamic profile of the wheels. As a wild card throw in the fact that if your Dual Motor AWD reads P- rather than LR (same ride height, weight, battery wheels) then you are most likely going to floor it occasionally (different software - it allows extra amps to flow and whilst it destroyed the V8 next to you at the traffic lights it also destroyed your range). This, in my opinion is a very good thing. - it gives you choice.

The truely long range M3 is one that we don’t get. Nor do others anymore it appears. It’s the max battery pack with just the RWD more efficient PM motor. I still would not swap it for a P- though. (Just a personal opinion).
Tires also have a big impact on range. The tires on the 18" rims have lower rolling resistance than the ones on the 19" and 20".

Updated vinship tracker. A lot of green now.

AUNZVInTracking

Amazing community service Veda - thank you so much!

However, out of the currently 9,639 post in this thread, two of your posts were the most devastating ones I have read.;)

The first one was when I realised that due to your research, my car could not be on the Cap Capricorn, when I [at the time] hoped that it would be. The other was your recent post when you stated that you did not think that all off the Warrnambool cars could possibly all be derived by 30th September... I currently still have a [tentative] delivery date of 27th September.

Just looking at your latest spreadsheet again, I see that 4882XX is still on "yellow". I had the impression that everyone was getting their cars already, but find it interesting that the 4882XXs as a group are still not quite there yet.

Anyway, no matter which way the dice will fall, I [and I am sure many others here] really appreciate the amount of time you put into collating all the information!