Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All new Tesla owner here with a Model 3 Long Range coming next week. Can I ask current owners is the middle back seat in the long range heated or just the two main back seats. My youngest and third child is desperate to know and I can't find any information on the net.

I was just in my car and took this for you (and felt the seat heat up)... Your third child will be happy.
rear heating.jpg

I'd been expecting it since the plant closure given Aus (indeed as I understand all RHD) vehicles are produced in the first month of a quarter.
No point producing vehicles in Q2 but still having them on a ship so you can't record the sale.

On the plus side hopefully it means some of the new stuff in the Y flows through to the 3 by then (it makes sense for common parts)
Like the new frunk lid, and the USB-C ports and built-in wireless charging.
Ideally the chrome-delete as well (but suspect that will remain a Y feature)

Last edited:
I'll call Tesla Service, but anyone know where to order a touch-up paint pen/kit with the Tesla paint colour? It's literally a 1-2mm x 1-2mm stone chip but when you know it's there...
Tesla do have a kit but I don’t know about availability or cost here. I bought mine in the US but I suggest you just google your paint code (I can’t tell the colour of your car from your picture). Try here https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Tesla&con=k&year=2019&rows=50 eg my blue is code PPSB (correct).

Once you have the code any paint supplier that has it on the database should be able to provide it. The metallics will be a 2 part. Even Supercheap and Autobarn etc. may have it by now. eBay only seems to have it from the UK. Call around and good luck!

So i've already put the Farasla Mud Flaps on and they seem to be doing a good job, especially in the wet we've had here in Melbourne but I saw that Tesla in the USA now is selling the Paint Protection Film kit for the rear fender area. Model 3 All Weather Protection Kit

So i'm guessing Australia won't be getting these for a while, but if anyone wants to put through a order through one of those USA shippers, ping me and i'll order some. They now also have the official paint repair kits: Paint Repair Kit

Reactions: Hairyman
I live in far north Queensland over 1500 ks from the nearest tesla dealer. Can anyone advise me if the tesla metallic blue is similar to the metallic blue found on any other current model car? The tesla blue looks slightly different on our 2 computers and we are trying to decide whether to buy the blue or the plain white. Thanks in advance.

I live in far north Queensland over 1500 ks from the nearest tesla dealer. Can anyone advise me if the tesla metallic blue is similar to the metallic blue found on any other current model car? The tesla blue looks slightly different on our 2 computers and we are trying to decide whether to buy the blue or the plain white. Thanks in advance.

I have blue in Qld. It looks diferrent depending on the lighting. No regrets. The blue hides the squashed bugs more on the front. A fewECFC961A-DE36-42C0-AF37-D7C0D65A94CF.jpeg 7300A713-6B92-4331-906C-BE1A49AE5B24.jpeg D5431246-4F21-468F-B79D-9CC376EA5179.jpeg lighting examples attached