Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What alerts did you get?

Today marks a small but important victory against the 057 Tech Scam. I finally got my refund from my Sam’s Club CC. Kiss my ass Jason Hughes.
IMG_5706.jpeg

How did you present your case to the credit card company?
Started with filling a complaint through the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs. Took that paperwork and contacted my CC company. It took quite a bit of back and forth but it worked out in my favor.

Here’s the TN page:

We’ll never know. I’m guessing the CC company ate the loss. It’s just another tax write off for them anyways. They make so much damn money anyways.
Of course they just ate the loss. They’re not going to spend resources to try to recoup from a now failed venture. I’m sure others could as well if willing to do the legwork. CC company will prob relent at some point.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Now the question is did your credit card company just eat the loss or did they manage to get anything out of 057tech.
My understanding is typically the business owner's bank will accept the charge back if they think it is legitimate and if the amount is small and the owner is long gone, then the bank just accept the loss instead of wasting resources to pursue the business owner, if it is a large amount or lots of requests then the bank will be more active. Nevertheless, it will show up in the credit report of the owner for owing the bank's money for non payment. I have a friend who left the country for 20 years and on his return has trouble applying credit card because the report showed he owed the bank 20 cents.

Insurance once sent me refund under $2 dollars, i've never deposited it.
i like to think that i'm driving their accounting mad lol
I had a coworker who would close accounts to places he hated by sending the last payment with a couple of dollars more than the debt. He figured it would cost them more to cut a check (which he would not cash) and process the excess balance than it cost him to send the extra. It was years ago but I never forgot. He took such joy in it, it didn't matter if it worked or not.