Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like the new inventory cars that just made it to the site have the prices listed AFTER the EV rebates

85 kWh Performance Model S P51978 | Tesla Motors

That is because this is actually an Inventory car so it qualifies for tax rebates. As an Inventory car you get the added benefit of being able to buy an Extended Warranty on that car whereas for some strange reason they refuse to sell an extended warranty for CPO cars. The price is good but too bad it is badly optioned with no sunroof, no leather, and no air or sound.

Last edited:
I know but Hank's site is suppose to recalculate and show the price of the car BEFORE the incentives.

That is because this is actually an Inventory car so it qualifies for tax rebates. As an Inventory car you get the added benefit of being able to buy an Extended Warranty on that car whereas for some strange reason they refuse to sell an extended warranty for CPO cars. The price is good but too bad it is badly optioned with no sunroof, no leather, and no air or sound.

Yikes you are sure you want to pay that kind of money for a P85+ when that is so close to the cost of a 2015 Inventory P85D?

Why is your personal mission to belittle any purchase that's not a rock bottom, sub-$60K bargain?

I pointed out to you a long time ago the rationale for pricing of the P85/P85+ CPO listings and you blithely ignored the basic math.

You're perfectly content to apply basic depreciation factors to a 85D/P85D and project where prices will be.

When I asked you to use that same basic math to 2014 cars that cost $112K-$126K new, you ignored my request and said "All I know is they should cost less."

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live - Page 182
Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live - Page 182

We get that YOU aren't going to pay a premium for a P85+, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop being judgemental toward anyone who thinks these 12-18 month old cars are not obsolete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note: Some posts edited and some moved to snippiness. It's fine to disagree, but let's try to keep direct personal attacks out of it.

Fair enough, thanks.

MsElectric - my apology for any offense taken. Not my intent to attack you or anyone; I just think the higher end listings are fairly priced using simple depreciation factors. That said, you make valid points that it's harder for TM to move those cars given the similar value offered by a new 85D with greater functionality.

Forward.

Mod Note: Some posts edited and some moved to snippiness. It's fine to disagree, but let's try to keep direct personal attacks out of it.

It is interesting that you removed my post in its entirety but left the post of the forum member who called me an animal intact by just only editing out that bit from his disparaging post. If you want to show any semblance of fairness, you may want to either restore my post that you censored or also remove the post by @BoerumHill in its entirety where he called me an animal.

I did not make any personal attacks at @BoerumHill when I replied to his post but my post got removed in its entirety despite the fact that I was respectful. On the other hand @BoerumHill called me an animal and you only edited that bit out and left the rest of his post intact. How is that fair?

When people talk about draconian censorship on TMC this is what they are talking about...

Last edited:
It is interesting that you removed my post in its entirety but left the post of the forum member who called me an animal intact by just only editing out that bit from his disparaging post. If you want to show any semblance of fairness, you may want to either restore my post that you censored or also remove the post by @BoerumHill in its entirety where he called me an animal.

I did not make any personal attacks at @BoerumHill when I replied to his post but my post got removed in its entirety despite the fact that I was respectful. On the other hand @BoerumHill called me an animal and you only edited that bit out and left the rest of his post intact. How is that fair?

When people talk about draconian censorship on TMC this is what they are talking about...

Yes, amazing moderation!

The depreciation based valuation works if prices are stable. If newer and better products are being sold at lower prices (for whatever reason), then from a buyer's point of view, one has to take the lowest of the choices available.

Yikes you are sure you want to pay that kind of money for a P85+ when that is so close to the cost of a 2015 Inventory P85D?

That's like asking someone to justify a P85+ over a P85(D)...you probably will never understand our rationale for having/making these kinds choices (I know, first world problems, lol)...it's like Hank mentioned when he commented on why someone is getting an M5 vs. a 5 series BMW...there's just that little bit of extra that some of us are willing to pay for, or why someone silly like me will go and drop 8k on some rims and then have to drop 2k every year on rubbers cause they only last around 8-10k miles per set....hmm, i didn't say i was smart did i?....:tongue:

Last edited:
The price is where an actual transaction / sale occurs. If there is a price listed and the product does not sell in the marketplace in a reasonable time, then that is not a price, but just wishful thinking on the part of the wannabe seller.
P85+ pricing has entered the zone of wishful thinking on the part of Tesla at this point, IMHO.

The price is where an actual transaction / sale occurs. If there is a price listed and the product does not sell in the marketplace in a reasonable time, then that is not a price, but just wishful thinking on the part of the wannabe seller.
P85+ pricing has entered the zone of wishful thinking on the part of Tesla at this point, IMHO.

Amen to that! I've been tempted on more than one occasion to call them up and just offer a lower number...alas, i've been told they don't negotiate at all and are inflexible with pricing...even with CPO's.