Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Early 2013 here (see my sig), no issues, quiet as a mouse, runs strong and was a screaming bargain bought almost one year ago.
We couldn't be happier.
It's our "starter Tesla". ;-)

20000 km since purchase, almost 80000 km total, with lots of warranty left (thanks CPO!).

P040xx. My car is fine, but has had door handles and rear hatch seals, among a few other things replaced. Only downsides are original design seats (no next gen) and no AP, IMHO. Other improvements are "nice", but not a big deal to me.

Are you absolutely sure about that? I thought the VINs for those were much higher. Maybe previous owner had them retrofitted?

Very sure. My 15xxx car just missed power folding mirrors and parking sensors. My car has the proper harness, but no folding mirrors.

And according to EV-CPO.com, the lowest CPO VIN with option code X037 (Power folding mirrors) and PK01 (Parking sensors) is: P16280 -- or about 750 cars after mine. :(

That's good to know. I was going to have my wife take me up, but living about 5 miles away from the Solana Beach train station, this is definitely an option. Can always Uber it. Is Buena Park the same as the Costa Mesa service center?
I don't know, I have never had the need to go to the Costa Mesa SC. Buena Park is a former car dealership, so they have the lot, showroom, and service center. Pretty nice, but the landscaping could use some work.

They are about 3.5 to 5 miles from the train station.

Very sure. My 15xxx car just missed power folding mirrors and parking sensors. My car has the proper harness, but no folding mirrors.

And according to EV-CPO.com, the lowest CPO VIN with option code X037 (Power folding mirrors) and PK01 (Parking sensors) is: P16280 -- or about 750 cars after mine. :(
Huh, for whatever reason in my mind it was much higher like in the 30K for those options. Thanks for the clarification and will be good for reference in the future.

Umm, I did asked....10k...
My recollection is that there was a "partial" (10k) and "full" (25k). A friend got the full. I saved my money. ;)

Also, when they later upgraded the tech on the base suspension I asked how much (as per thread on here...) to get "current tech" upgrade (not to plus, just newer version of non-plus) suspension parts and was quoted 3.5k. I didn't spend on that (yet?) either.

The site shows a black headliner, could that be a mistake or did tesla replace the original headliner?
The preowned page has one photo with a white headliner, and another with black. They're just stock photos, so I assume it's just a website glitch. This car does not have the option code for black (or white) headliner... so it has to be white since they were all white back then.

• Helpful
Reactions: brianman
The site shows a black headliner
The preowned page has one photo with a white headliner, and another with black.
Thanks for the clarification, Hank. I misunderstood what AMPd meant.

That picture is a bit odd. To my recollection performance (red piping) seats were discontinued before the black headliner was introduced. If my memory is correct on that, there are no cars that have the configuration shown in that last picture (at least not at the time of delivery).

Thanks for the clarification, Hank. I misunderstood what AMPd meant.

That picture is a bit odd. To my recollection performance (red piping) seats were discontinued before the black headliner was introduced. If my memory is correct on that, there are no cars that have the configuration shown in that last picture (at least not at the time of delivery).

Yeah, the earliest VIN I have record of with black headliner is 049470.

The latest VIN I have with the black perf interior is 025808.

Strange.

To my recollection performance (red piping) seats were discontinued before the black headliner was introduced. If my memory is correct on that, there are no cars that have the configuration shown in that last picture (at least not at the time of delivery).

My car (P85, VIN 54xxx, delivered 9/27/14) has performance seats (black with red piping identified as Black Performance Leather Seats) and a black headliner (which I switched to as soon as it became available). I don't know what a "performance interior" might be.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman