Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure this has been asked and answered, but what is the timeline for these CPO purchases? I put down the deposit on P21561 (it's a green S85 in Philly) last week and am hoping to get my greedy hands on it ASAP. They said it would be about 3 weeks, but less if I picked up (which I plan to do). I'm used to car places doing these things basically overnight at worst--help me manage my expectations :)
Plan for a month, but be happy with 3 weeks.......

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I put in my deposit. Tesla was taking longer because of Q2 delivery goals and were prioritizing new car delivery over CPO. But now with Q2 out of the picture......I'm hoping for more movement now.

It is really hard to be patient. I've read almost all of the documentation on the "My Tesla" account page so I'm about out of stuff to keep me occupied outside of work.

• Funny
Reactions: Austin Powers
If anyone is looking for a 2013 P85, this one is now available again as I switched to a P85+.

I've seen the P85 if anyone has questions about it. It's in Seattle. The P85 has perfect paint. The rims all have curb rash and one tire was flat, so they will likely all be replaced.

The car was definitely owned by a family. The back seats had some sticky stuff on the seats, but no rips or tears. There was some dirt in the headliner. I'm guessing it will look close to perfect when reconditioned.
I
If anyone is looking for a 2013 P85, this one is now available again as I switched to a P85+.

I've seen the P85 if anyone has questions about it. It's in Seattle. The P85 has perfect paint. The rims all have curb rash and one tire was flat, so they will likely all be replaced.

The car was definitely owned by a family. The back seats had some sticky stuff on the seats, but no rips or tears. There was some dirt in the headliner. I'm guessing it will look close to perfect when reconditioned.
I got a call from my CPO advisor for (likely) this one. I am considering it. I hate to lose the pano roof, though.

Yes other than no pano it's a great car. I was going to buy it until I sat in it and realized the difference when you don't have the roof. I told my CPO advisor that I would still buy it unless she found me one with pano before I take delivery. She did and I switched cars.

I got a call from my CPO advisor for (likely) this one. I am considering it. I hate to lose the pano roof, though.

An electrician recommended by Tesla's website came yesterday. I read the forums and was expecting $200-$300 but the quote they gave me was $537. The job is extremely easy since the panel is in the garage already and all they need is to run a short cable 1-2ft from panel to the gang box. Does anyone have any recommended installer in Atlanta area? I really do not want to over pay for a simple job like this. I am not sure if the price changes since it is Nema 14-50. Thanks

An electrician recommended by Tesla's website came yesterday. I read the forums and was expecting $200-$300 but the quote they gave me was $537. The job is extremely easy since the panel is in the garage already and all they need is to run a short cable 1-2ft from panel to the gang box. Does anyone have any recommended installer in Atlanta area? I really do not want to over pay for a simple job like this. I am not sure if the price changes since it is Nema 14-50. Thanks

I was visiting a friend's house last year, and needed to charge. He had his main panel in the garage. We went to Home Depot, bought $15 of parts (some wire and a 14-50 box and outlet and a 50 amp breaker), and installed the outlet 1 foot away from the main panel. No way that should cost $537. For a job that simple, I'd definitely say less than $200 if it really is that simple (and doesn't require re-wiring the panel to make room for the 50 amp breaker). Just call another electrician.

Last edited:
I have a neighbor who is a handyman and i am sure he can install that for free if i buy the parts. I was confused since the Tesla recommended electricians talked about filing paperwork, pulling permits from the city and scheduling inspection etc. I will look elsewhere other than Tesla recommended ones for now.

I have a neighbor who is a handyman and i am sure he can install that for free if i buy the parts. I was confused since the Tesla recommended electricians talked about filing paperwork, pulling permits from the city and scheduling inspection etc. I will look elsewhere other than Tesla recommended ones for now.
I have had 2 come over and neither said anything about the permitting or inspection. In fact, one said he wouldn't do it and his 'day job' was an inspector. However, just throwing it out there that you MAY want to do the permit and inspection just in case something happens. Everyone makes their own determination on what needs to be done but if god forbid you were to have a fire and no inspection/permit things could get dicey. Just my 2 cents, may be worth more or less than the stated price :)

I have had 2 come over and neither said anything about the permitting or inspection. In fact, one said he wouldn't do it and his 'day job' was an inspector. However, just throwing it out there that you MAY want to do the permit and inspection just in case something happens. Everyone makes their own determination on what needs to be done but if god forbid you were to have a fire and no inspection/permit things could get dicey. Just my 2 cents, may be worth more or less than the stated price :)
It's a bit of a:
Do you need an inspection....? No.
But if for some reason, somehow something bad did happen, and the insurance company claims a faulty un-inspected outlet the cause. You'd be SOL. Might as well do it legit and on the level, if only to prevent paperwork headaches down the line.

I will also feel much better if the job is done by an expert. I just need to find the right company who will be doing it to the right price. My research from TMC forum indicates i should be paying anywhere between $200-$299. As long as i find a company in Atlanta area that can install this 240 Nema 14-50 for those prices, I won't complain but over $500 for 1 feet cable sounds too much.

Last edited:
Tesla has a CPO S 60 for $42,700, I doubt it lasts more than an hour:

60 kWh Model S P20364 | Tesla Motors

It has pano, tan leather, and Obeche wood for options. 31K miles.

Hmmmm.... that one is tempting just because I'd save 11k.... but alas I think I'm wedded to the green & 85kwh mentally now.

My DS said I will likely be united with my beauty in PA by 7/22. They're replacing a bumper and the wheels according to my DS, and apparently they don't have one of the parts in.

I just realized any body work on a green tesla is going to be preeetty pricey :)