Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Model S & X) no longer eligible for Ontario rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was checking Ontario's Incentives and Eligible Vehicles page and I swear I used to see the Tesla S and X on this page (a search for "Tesla" even points to this page). It looks like they changed the policy today (March 9).

Neither model is there now. Is this policy new which might have disqualified them?
"Incentives will no longer be provided for PHEVs or BEVs with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $75,000 or more"

I'm hoping the MSRP is the base price, and we should still get a rebate for a Model 3 assuming it starts at ~CA$45 K, no?

Here's the previous program, still good until Sept. 7, 2018 - better buy your S or X before then!

Anyone?

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I'm confused why people are saying that the previous program is still good until Sept. That's only valid on cars that were ordered before today.

Note that incentives will be provided under the previous EVIP program for EVs ordered prior to March 9, 2018, provided that the EV is delivered and that the application is submitted by September 7, 2018.

I heard Tesla people telling people about the rebates at the auto show and at Yorkdale yesterday. Ouch.

Edit - just found this - Ontario Introducing New Incentives to Switch to Electric Vehicles

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk
Preimum upgrade and EAP shall be a option package, but while Tesla apply for the eiligibilty, because battery size and MSRP difference, they will have to apply LR, SR, SR+AWD, LR+AWD four options at least. All of them shall not exceed 75000.

I still think the $75k limit applies to the base price. I copied this from the FAQ section of the EVIP site:

What is the MSRP?

For EVIP, the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is the value of the base trim level for each model not including options, taxes, pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and freight. This value is set once per year and the MSRP value is provided by the vehicle manufacturer.

I still think the $75k limit applies to the base price. I copied this from the FAQ section of the EVIP site:

What is the MSRP?

For EVIP, the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is the value of the base trim level for each model not including options, taxes, pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and freight. This value is set once per year and the MSRP value is provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
Good find. Agreed, looks like all Model 3 variants are safe.

What is the MSRP?

BINGO!!! were good to go.

What is the MSRP?

Its up to Tesla.