Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Cancellation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I just write "but you can see how some people stiffen up and/or shut up the moment the idea of being significantly critical towards Tesla is brought to the table"? ;)

To be fair, I'm not sure how many would have noticed. You tend to be very verbose and the long walls of text can be off-putting. No personal offense meant, but it's for this reason I tend to keep scrolling after the first few words. Maybe work on being more concise.

To be fair, I'm not sure how many would have noticed. You tend to be very verbose and the long walls of text can be off-putting. No personal offense meant, but it's for this reason I tend to keep scrolling after the first few words. Maybe work on being more concise.

There is a reason the interwebs invented TL;DR. :)

Not that I probably couldn't be more concise, but sometimes complex topics require more space than a short caricatyre type of post allows. The flipside is, one definitely looses part of the audience. Acknowledged.

Part of the equation, though, is that not all want to join the flamefest. I'm comfortable with the private feedback and kudos I get there. Not all will agree and that's of course as it should be, I appreciate that as well.

In any case, you of course, AnOutsider, have a fair point there - you've had fair points all throughout this thread.

Wait, there's an "ignore" button?

Mmmmhmmmm. Under 'Settings' ...

ignore list.png

NigelM: No glass-house stones, I'm sure this has happened to me sometime as well somewhere in life when a bias takes over and I'm sure will happen again. We people tend to have rose-tinted glasses on when looking at stuff that matters to us. :) I try, but I am not immune.

The doubt in expressed in the fog case in my opinion (just my opinion of course), though, was excessive, no matter the outcome - considering the info available. Same with this particular thread. I think, frankly, it is telling that even now - discussing the "fog case" - there is opinion that the poster's silence must be because they found out they were in the wrong, and thus Tesla not at fault. I wonder what would it take for some to consider Tesla's "fault" as a possibility or at least the poster's innocence... I mean, cars break, it shouldn't be that hard to consider the possibility and even then it wouldn't even be that damning at all.

For some reason Tesla is a sacred animal at times, while every critical poster is a likely fake, fraud or at least at fault - to exaggerate a little, but not too much. There are many instances on enthusiast forums where the company/product of interest is given excessive benefit of doubt, while excessive doubt on critical posters has been placed in reverse. Unfortunately TMC is not immune to this. Keep reading and I'm sure you will notice the pattern eventually. Or maybe it changes over time for the better, that would be great.

As for the issues mentioned: We don't know what caused the fog. And we don't know what happened to the OP exactly in this thread. There is no harm in admitting that, even though it leaves open the possibility sometimes it might be Tesla's fault too. In the fog case, maybe it was the AC. It leaves open the possibility of opposite as well, naturally. Maybe it was the retrofits. Maybe it was both or neither. Maybe there was no fog. Given the limited amount of information, saying anything else definitively is jumping to conclusions prematurely - in my opinion, of course. Discussion of possibilities, likehoods and all that, now that is good of course, but you can see how some people stiffen up and/or shut up the moment the idea of being significantly critical towards Tesla is brought to the table. Discussion stops then and there, and a shouting contest begins.

There are also some haters that do this in reverse. That also is an unfortunate side effect. Not all the concern about trolling and hating is unwarranted. But I still think it shouldn't be the first thing that pops to mind and starts a third degree (let alone fires up the firing squad) when someone posts their controversial experiences.

Well now, even I think enough of this s**t. At least we can end on a note I think we both, NigelM and I, can agree on. :) At least until something new is brought to light and we can start the shouting contest again.

Sorry, you lost me after "No glass-house stones..." :confused: But I'm happy to leave you with the last word anyways. :)

Mmmmhmmmm. Under 'Settings' ...

View attachment 76593

Thanks for the tip. Done. I note that it doesn't ignore the member if someone quotes them but still it does shorten the thread. People who post long rambling comments should know that very few people read them. It's also too tiresome to continue to skim read them and better for me to just ignore. As AnOutsider said, being concise will do more to get your point across.

Here's another relevant dictionary entry. ;) Mmmmmm....

Shunning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sometime people get exactly what they deserve (negative by your reference), particularly when they've been nicely told about the issue. OTOH, there are some who just don't care what others think and have no inclination to be any different for the sake of trying to fit it, and that's okay - there's a role for everyone in this world. However, if you're going to be in that category, it's not cool to do what you just did, winky face of not, and you're very likely to get the non-pleasant desserts. I'm fairly confident you already know the game you're playing. For those who recognize that, you're words of balance and all the rest become insincere and meaningless - just in case you didn't know that.

Side note: So that you're not guessing where I stand on the issue; I'm not put off by longer posts, nor do I employ any site ignore features. On Tuesdays and Sundays between 2am and 4:22am I can't guarantee I'll be in the mood to read what you've written.

So to be clear, I wasn't trying to get people to use the feature! Rolo asked me if there really was an ignore button ... that was the reason for my post. However people SHOULD use it if there are fellow members who seem to push their buttons - keeps the drama down overall.

And it's brought me much peace :).

So to be clear, I wasn't trying to get people to use the feature! Rolo asked me if there really was an ignore button ... that was the reason for my post. However people SHOULD use it if there are fellow members who seem to push their buttons - keeps the drama down overall.

And it's brought me much peace :).

Truly...was in need of some peace. I vented a bit on the investors thread and it increased the drama - this is the grown up option. It seems like there is almost 1 combative person per thread (got caught reading the back and forth on the Hellcat thread....time I will never get back). Probably would be more zen-like if there was a) A Model X in my garage, or at least a design studio to obsess over or b) Tesla stock not range bound under 200. I feel like the ignore setting is a little "Hakuna Ma-ta-ta" for me...some use popcorn or Rolos - to each their own.

Truly...was in need of some peace. I vented a bit on the investors thread and it increased the drama - this is the grown up option. It seems like there is almost 1 combative person per thread (got caught reading the back and forth on the Hellcat thread....time I will never get back). Probably would be more zen-like if there was a) A Model X in my garage, or at least a design studio to obsess over or b) Tesla stock not range bound under 200. I feel like the ignore setting is a little "Hakuna Ma-ta-ta" for me...some use popcorn or Rolos - to each their own.

Which reminds me what a pleasure it was to have a face to face conversation (or two) with you last summer. On topic: you will always get more with kindness. Some live by that, others use it with or without discretion, some clearly just can't stand the idea. And so it goes