Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Cancellation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime people get exactly what they deserve (negative by your reference), particularly when they've been nicely told about the issue. OTOH, there are some who just don't care what others think and have no inclination to be any different for the sake of trying to fit it, and that's okay - there's a role for everyone in this world. However, if you're going to be in that category, it's not cool to do what you just did, winky face of not, and you're very likely to get the non-pleasant desserts. I'm fairly confident you already know the game you're playing. For those who recognize that, you're words of balance and all the rest become insincere and meaningless - just in case you didn't know that.

Side note: So that you're not guessing where I stand on the issue; I'm not put off by longer posts, nor do I employ any site ignore features. On Tuesdays and Sundays between 2am and 4:22am I can't guarantee I'll be in the mood to read what you've written.

Sometimes people also get what they don't deserve. And I'm not talking about myself. I have no issue being ignored if that is what people prefer. It is their choice.

It is true that many people go to lengths to "to fit". I am perfectly aware the points I was (trying) to raise were controversial ones here, I've learned as much in six months or so.

The easier road would have been to let the OP be roasted in silence or join in. In 99% of threads on TMC that is what I do. In the end, I'm a very infrequent poster here with most of my posts analysis of Model X mules or messages of support to Tesla's EVs over competitors. It is just that the part where I've discussed my experience with the TMC culture has gotten the ire of some, as for some reason has my analysis of Model X mules, which I guess is somehow not wanted by some.

Safe to say, there are reputation points and private messages to me from people who get what I say even in this thread, but prefer not to take the beating of saying it in public. Some have named some names and said very bad things that even I never would. I respect their choice of not trying it in public. I have never "ignored" anyone and always answered also to my critics (in public or in private as chosen by them), a favour not always returned.

If you don't agree this place can be unnecessarily harsh on people who are viewed as being critical of Tesla, I respect that too - I just strongly disagree and would think this place would benefit from a more balanced atmosphere. Hopefully next time when someone comes on-board with an issue with Tesla, they'll get something more than a third degree and/or a firing squad.

As for being "shunned", I think it does happen in tight-knit communities that have strong views and an established inside. To fit, one has the please the established views and/or insiders, or face being left on the outside. TMC is definitely not the only place where there is risk of that. It happens in many interest groups, online and offline.

As for me and Tesla, I refer to my signature. I am a strong believer in the product, the company and the mission. I just take a different view on how to best support that. One-sided zealotry has never appealed to me, nor do I think it is to the benefit of said goals.

Peace.

Last edited:
Sometimes people also get what they don't deserve.

Perhaps, but that's not the point and you know it.

Safe to say, there are reputation points and private messages to me from people who get what I say even in this thread, but prefer not to take the beating of saying it in public. Some have named some names and said very bad things that even I never would.

So? We all get rep points and PMs, and we all know that people say things behind the scenes that they don't want other people to 'hear' for all sorts of reasons - like knowing full well this forum has rules about certain types of expression. Not the point.

If you don't agree this place can be unnecessarily harsh on people who are viewed as being critical of Tesla, I respect that too.

I never said/agreed/didn't agree/commented/etc... on that. *That* was never the discussion. Your very specific point was that TMC had to be more balanced (as a whole) and that TMC leaned distinctly (as a whole) toward being overly harsh. *That* is what I disagreed about.

I just strongly disagree and would think this place would benefit from a more balanced atmosphere. Hopefully next time when someone comes on-board with an issue with Tesla, they'll get something more than a third degree and/or a firing squad.

You're wrong. TMC leans heavily to the positive as a whole due in part to its strong moderation of the rules. There have also been plenty of threads where someone has had an issue and they've received positive support and feedback.

One-sided zealotry has never appealed to me, nor do I think it is to the benefit of said goals.

Good thing it doesn't happen here.

Ugh. The ignore function doesn't work when quoting :).

For the record, I have only EVER put one person on ignore. So to blame it on differing views or the TMC culture is reaching. Because lord knows, there are a Lot of differing views on this forum, some who disagree very loudly with me.

My issue, which I made clear with the person, is the continued need to assign motivation to my words, instead of the topic. It got to the point where I'd see a post and think, 'What are they going to pick at me about now?' - and that was the point I decided to exit from further conversations. It's things like saying people didn't like the analysis, when I was clear that I just didn't want to participate in speculation - and the word 'speculation' caused offense. But now it's people didn't want an analysis to occur.

Constantly blaming the TMC culture and taking no responsibility (or even being willing to acknowledge the possibility) for personal behavior? A scenario obviously not considered.

And somehow I'm going to ignore the quoted stuff going forward. :)

napabill: If it is any consolation, I'm much more interested in this. In this particular thread I was interested in trying to find some ideas for consensus between Tesla and the OP, and for us to get to the full story. The meta talk about TMC is wholly uninteresting, but hey, I haven't shied away behind any ignore buttons if anyone wants to talk.

So? We all get rep points and PMs, and we all know that people say things behind the scenes that they don't want other people to 'hear' for all sorts of reasons - like knowing full well this forum has rules about certain types of expression. Not the point.

The point is, people feel much more comfortable taking a certain side on TMC in public - in private is a bit different.

AnxietyRanger said:
If you don't agree this place can be unnecessarily harsh on people who are viewed as being critical of Tesla, I respect that too.

I never said/agreed/didn't agree/commented/etc... on that. *That* was never the discussion. Your very specific point was that TMC had to be more balanced (as a whole) and that TMC leaned distinctly (as a whole) toward being overly harsh. *That* is what I disagreed about.

Fair enough. I respect that and I didn't mean to misrepresent your position, I just had a different understanding of it. Anyway, I do think TMC leans distinctly towards being overly harsh on people who are viewed as being critical of Tesla.

You're wrong. TMC leans heavily to the positive as a whole due in part to its strong moderation of the rules. There have also been plenty of threads where someone has had an issue and they've received positive support and feedback.

Like I said, TMC overall may be fairly positive, but I think it is overly harsh on people who are viewed as being critical of Tesla, especially if it is felt by some that there is a danger of such conversation hurting Tesla somehow.

AnxietyRanger said:
One-sided zealotry has never appealed to me, nor do I think it is to the benefit of said goals.
Good thing it doesn't happen here.

LOL. :D Look, I'm not saying all here do that - not at all - but it definitely exists here as well.

AnxietyRanger said:
Sometimes people also get what they don't deserve.

Perhaps, but that's not the point and you know it.

Apparently I have no idea anymore what the point is, because no, I don't know that. :)

The concept and level of reasonable or measured response is a matter of opinion and debatable. It is often hard to say what is reasonable either, unless one has enough facts, not always the case in distant online discussions especially. But most importantly, not all expected or expectable responses are reasonable either.

To use a metaphor - and lest anyone get annoyed, this is merely for illustration, not a reflection on this thread - just because nicely but affirmatively confronting a bullying child at the playground might predictably result in the said child taking their toys and going home accompanied by a tantrum, that doesn't mean the child's predictable response is a reasonable response to the confrontation, nor does it mean the confrontation should not have happened. Even if the gone home child is popular and many other kids go home with their toys in protest, that doesn't mean it is the reasonable response either. Popularity doesn't always equate in being right.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh. The ignore function doesn't work when quoting :).

For the record, I have only EVER put one person on ignore. So to blame it on differing views or the TMC culture is reaching. Because lord knows, there are a Lot of differing views on this forum, some who disagree very loudly with me.

My issue, which I made clear with the person, is the continued need to assign motivation to my words, instead of the topic. It got to the point where I'd see a post and think, 'What are they going to pick at me about now?' - and that was the point I decided to exit from further conversations. It's things like saying people didn't like the analysis, when I was clear that I just didn't want to participate in speculation - and the word 'speculation' caused offense. But now it's people didn't want an analysis to occur.

Constantly blaming the TMC culture and taking no responsibility (or even being willing to acknowledge the possibility) for personal behavior? A scenario obviously not considered.

And somehow I'm going to ignore the quoted stuff going forward. :)

I am not sure if you are going to see this message, but still since you brought it out in public, I will give it my answer of course.

Since you are ignoring my messages, you haven't probably read the ones where I've expressed knowing full well the expected response to some of my views I've come to know as controversial for TMC. I am not surprised by the response and I have not protested the response in any way. If people feel like ignoring, that is their choice. That is OK. If people want to discuss, I'm here for that as well. I continue to hold the view that TMC in part is unnecessarily harsh on those viewed critical of Tesla and for actions deemed hurtful for Tesla. There is a defensive streak, in my opinion. Pointing it out is not popular and hence the reaction. I fully own up to that. I also fully own up to the fact that some people disagree with my view and thus find my view offensive for a different reason. I can respect that - and I do.

I am not the one who walked away from the conversation.

In any case. It takes two to tango. Ever consider the possibility that your way of interacting also plays a part? In fact, that it - and its kind - may also play a big part in the culture of TMC? You are a powerful character here, with lots of friends backing you up. It does affect what people write and how.

Now, before this goes to the negative, nothing here is meant to diminish TMC or the efforts bonnie and her colleagues have done to make this a great forum. Like I said bonnie on the PM reply to your PM some time ago, I'm sorry I couldn't make the communication work between us. I would have gladly continued the conversation, but I respect your choice to bow out from it as well.

In any case. It takes two to tango. Ever consider the possibility that your way of interacting also plays a part? In fact, that it - and its kind - may also play a big part in the culture of TMC? You are a powerful character here, with lots of friends backing you up. It does affect what people write and how...
I hope this doesn't come off a snippy, but Please speak for yourself!

Insert Janeway Eye Face Palm here.

So, OP had a valid complaint, Tesla communication was sub-par (not uncommon), but made a mistake in signing up lawyers and calling out for class action so quickly, so Tesla had valid reason to drop him as a customer.

See, 25 pages summed up in one sentence. Shall we move on? (Yeah, right.)

So, OP had a valid complaint, Tesla communication was sub-par (not uncommon), but made a mistake in signing up lawyers and calling out for class action so quickly, so Tesla had valid reason to drop him as a customer.

See, 25 pages summed up in one sentence. Shall we move on? (Yeah, right.)

One can only hope.

Guys, please. Let's take the snipping back and forth to PMs or create a new thread in Site Feedback if you think there's some fundamental issue at TM that needs to be addressed. If there's nothing more to discuss about the actual TOPIC, then please move on to another thread.

Like I said, TMC overall may be fairly positive, but I think it is overly harsh on people who are viewed as being critical of Tesla, especially if it is felt by some that there is a danger of such conversation hurting Tesla somehow.

True enough. I ran into this personally. Your point is valid. But I realize this is an enthusiast forum. And I can understand how some have come to be overprotective and have developed oversensitive "FUD detectors". Because there's certainly enough FUD that has been directed at Tesla. I can choose to participate or not.

On the other hand, the OP here seems to have engaged in a fully ridiculous string of actions (imho). Sounds like Tesla definitely dropped the ball on communications regarding the seats but in this particular case that fact is far overshadowed by the OP's repeatedly dumb (imho) actions. My conclusion is that OP's wounds are primarily self-inflicted. Tesla communication or other customer service lapses are better discussed elsewhere, where they can be focused on objectively. In this thread it's hard to do so because I think most observers are rightfully unsympathetic to the OP's tactics overall.

True enough. I ran into this personally. Your point is valid. But I realize this is an enthusiast forum. And I can understand how some have come to be overprotective and have developed oversensitive "FUD detectors". Because there's certainly enough FUD that has been directed at Tesla. I can choose to participate or not.

On the other hand, the OP here seems to have engaged in a fully ridiculous string of actions (imho). Sounds like Tesla definitely dropped the ball on communications regarding the seats but in this particular case that fact is far overshadowed by the OP's repeatedly dumb (imho) actions. My conclusion is that OP's wounds are primarily self-inflicted. Tesla communication or other customer service lapses are better discussed elsewhere, where they can be focused on objectively. In this thread it's hard to do so because I think most observers are rightfully unsympathetic to the OP's tactics overall.

That's a very fair post, thank you. Overall I agree with your observations - both those of TMC and OP.

AnxietyRanger: 85 posts ago you said "I will make my leave of this thread", and yet you continue posting. I demand that you follow through with your stated intentions, otherwise you will agree to pay me $30,000 liquidated damages.

Just think about how much of my VALUABLE TIME was wasted reading this thread! That's at least $500/hr, let's be real. Not to mention all the emotional distress I have suffered. And the cost of all my therapy. And the cost of the lattes I purchased at Starbucks and drank while in the waiting room. OP + Anxiety Ranger owe me!

I take cash or check.

Just think about how much of my VALUABLE TIME was wasted reading this thread! That's at least $500/hr, let's be real. Not to mention all the emotional distress I have suffered. And the cost of all my therapy. And the cost of the lattes I purchased at Starbucks and drank while in the waiting room. OP + Anxiety Ranger owe me!

I take cash or check.

Or Starbuck's gift card?

So, let me get this straight - you guys really want to resurrect this after a week of peace with no other reason, argument or contribution than a barrage by multiple members aimed at one poster of dissent?

I guess my point was just made, so thank you for that at least. Feel free to join in all whom are so inclined. Communal beating available here, do pitch in! :)