Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: madodel
I have so many Tesla moments with the X so far that i'm going to start losing count!
My first Tesla moment was when I was on the highway and a guy in a black sedan was tailgating me on the highway, after almost a minute of this he pulled into the left lane, he started staring at the car again, fumbling his phone to get pictures. I had the car in autopilot so I held up my hands and he gave me a big thumbs up.

The very next day I was taking my first trip ( First Trip in The X ) with the car and stopped at a level two charger in Peoria IL, I didn't think that there were any Tesla's in town because of the lack of chargers in the town. But right as I plugged in a Model S passed and he gave me a big thumbs up. Also, the morning after that I plugged into another level two charger at some convention center, I payed $7 to enter and the security guard commented on how I had a sexy car, he didn't know what it was and when I told him it was electric he couldn't believe it. While I charged up to get the extra 25 miles of range to make it to the next supercharger a lot of people started to enter the convention center. I couldn't believe how many people stopped and stared at the car, there must of been at least 100 people over the course of an hour who took pictures of the car (I wasn't even showing it off!).

I got back to my house with 33% left and remembered that I needed to go into the city that night, I drove down to the local supercharger (Highland Park) and a guy in a black, very loud sports car pulled up next to me after my foot 'accidentally' mashed the accelerator. He was very curious about Tesla and definitely a potential buyer. I charged to about 60% and the whole time he was driving around the parking lot looking at all the new Tesla's that were awaiting delivery (like 25 cars!).

My next Xperience was when I went to reserve my model 3, I pulled up to the SC where 30 people were waiting in line (not a high foot traffic location). Immediately 10 guys saw the car and hurried over and marveled at the car.

About a week after that I was sitting in a parking lot and a cop pulled up next to me. I rolled down my window and he asked if that was the Model X. He reserved a Model 3 and really wanted to see the car so I showed him all around the car and most importantly the wings ;) .

On the way back from Milwaukee a red Model S passed us, he gave us a thumbs up and got this cool photo.
2016-04-29 11.10.30.jpg

I stopped at a supercharger on the way back, a guy in a Model S saw us using the doors and asked if they work. Whilst opening the doors people literally stopped and stared. This one kid who just got out of a car stood still for 10 seconds and stared at the car! A group of teenagers pulled up and asked what the car was. Another guy pulled up and wanted to take a video of the doors for his friend.
I've also had a lot of laughs whenever I see people craning their head, I get a lot of this on sunny days. My friends absolutely love the car, I usually get the same reactions when I show people, 'HOLY S**T, THAT'S INSANE'.
This car really gets a lot of attention, the MC Red color really makes this car stand out.
That's all the experiences I've had so far and i'm pretty sure that i'll have more to come :) .

We've had a lot as well. My wife ran some errands in Santa Rosa with the kids and said no less than 10 different people stopped her to ask about the car. Most of them didn't know it was a Tesla, which is pretty surprising around here.

My favorite, though, was driving through a construction area. It was one lane and was being flagged. When I passed the flagger, I was a little surprised at the lack of reaction, but when I approached the worker on the steamroller, he leaned all the way out (while moving), hung on the wheel and gave me a huge thumbs up and a smile.

Here's mine two best Tesla moments with the Shadow Trooper (our X):
1. Drove to Marin Headlands (SF)parking lot near the lighthouse to watch sunset. A bunch of families were already parked there to watch the sunset and some of them asked to see the FWDs open. So I obliged and the whole crowd start clapping. Of course, the sunset was even more gorgeous looking through the huge windshield.

2. My second moment was taking the exit for work and a CHP officer on bike pulled up first to the left and then right. I was thinking maybe the lights are going to go on but he was just checking out the car.

I'm sitting in a parking lot in our Model S (X doesn't have a delivery date, other than maybe June...), with the windows down. A group of people came out of the building where I am, and started walking around the car, commenting on it, etc. One of them said fairly loudly, "That's a really nice car!"

So I said, "Thank you."

They had no idea I was in the car, and shrieked and stumbled backwards, to my entertainment. Then we chatted more about the world of Tesla .

Stopped at the battery store for a little 12-volt generator starter battery. Asked the owner if he'd ever seen a 90kWh battery and said "I have one outside, it's in my car". He follows me out, gets two steps out the door and exclaims "is that a Tesla" then runs back in to get the rest of the shop staff. First question is about range.
One FWD had a phantom obstruction for the second time ever, the first was an impromptu demo at the town office where I had paid my taxes a few days before.

Reactions: beths11
Last week, I had a funny Tesla moment. I was at a yogurt place with my daughter, sitting on an outside bench about 100 feet from my Model X, when a family of 3 approaches my car. All 3 are very excited about seeing the car and start talking about how it is the first one they've seen. At this point their son, who looked to be 7 years old, reaches out to touch the front of the car. His mom sees him and scolds him, "do NOT touch that car! He then quickly pulls his hand away. I turned to my daughter and said, "he can't help himself. He must touch the car, so watch what I do when he does." The kid didn't disappoint and soon reached out and placed his hand on the nose. I almost perfectly timed his touch with opening the falcon wing doors with the remote. You can imagine the shock of the family. The mother then said, "I TOLD you not to touch that car!" I tried to get over to them to let them in on the prank, but they quickly scurried to their car and bolted out of the parking lot before I could. I smile every time I think about it.

So true, many people just come to ask about the doors.
So far, as I thought, these doors are not the big mistake that some had cried against. Sure, they gave some headaches to engineers, stockholders and some clients, and they will have some readability problems for some years but, eventually, they will be as reliable as automatic gearbox and electric windows. For the time being, they are the smartest PR provider for the brand in the wild! So many people who didn't knew nothing about Tesla will become enamoured for the brand and his compelling cars. Well played Elon!

Are you guys fine with random people playing with your X, especially if a large crowd comes over? I would be slightly paranoid

I love showing my X. Just had it at a prep school with a couple of fellow Tesla Model S owners and had high school students in and out over several hours of different class periods, opening and closing the FW doors and moving the seats. My X performed flawlessly however the news reporters not so much ("Only 5,000 Tesla cars on the road."). Wyoming Seminary Students Learn Science, Business Behind Tesla’s Electric Vehicles

A few weeks ago I had it on exhibit at a local Earth Day event where there were easily over a couple hundred people asking questions and 50+ who sat in my X. I love watching the reaction of anyone who sits in the front seat and looks up. They all are amazed. I only draw the line at drinks or food in my X.

My parents were getting a new granite counter top at their house. I come by in my 3 day old blue Model X and one of the fairly burley craftsmen freezes in his tracks and says "that's a Tesla!". Not many of these in Kentucky at this point. Both installers stop what they are doing of course and come over to check out the doors and the car. They were so enthusiastic I had to take them on a few ludicrous launches and autopilot demonstration. I'm sure on one of their Facebook feeds there's a video of two large dust covered men squeeling with glee in the back seat as we blast off.

A cop at a broken down school bus next to a stop light REALLY want to drop his SLOW sign and come see the car while I was at the light but he was trapped there protecting the public instead. So he just stared and grinned while trying to get the other cop's attention.

A few weeks ago I had it on exhibit at a local Earth Day event where there were easily over a couple hundred people asking questions and 50+ who sat in my X. I love watching the reaction of anyone who sits in the front seat and looks up. They all are amazed. I only draw the line at drinks or food in my X.
I recently exhibited mine at an EV event. Most people were respectful, but I wonder about parents. One wanted to allow their youngster into my car holding a cotton candy cone. Others wanted their kids in the driver's seat (as you know, it's easy to "turn on" a Tesla and then move the car -- probably the same parents who give an Uzi to a young child). Parents seemed to think it was funny to watch their kids dodge the FWDs opening and closing. One "adult" thought it was a good use of his time and my car to tune in a rap station, set volume to 11, and fiddle with my EQ.

At a point, I decided that this was over-the-top and made access to the car by invitation only. Anyone who spoke to me was careful with my car; it was the parents and kids who thought they'd found a Disney ride who were a problem.

I wish Tesla had a door/trunks mode for "key fob only."

Got the X Friday night. Took it on errands yesterday afternoon. We parked really far from the entrance at Costco, away from other cars. When we got back to the car and started getting inside, a family in a red sedan pulled up and complimented the car. We started talking, and it ended with their entire family getting out and playing with our X. While we were showing them the car, another guy passed by on a bicycle, and said "beautiful car."

Day 2. Went to dinner with the X. Parked on the street right in front of the restaurant. When we were all getting in to leave, both FWDs were up. A guy walking by got all excited, apologized, and asked if he could please take pictures of the car. My 17 year old was watching the cars that drove by, and he said everyone in their cars was rubber necking and pointing as they drove by. Again, Elon is a marketing genius.

I recently exhibited mine at an EV event. Most people were respectful, but I wonder about parents. One wanted to allow their youngster into my car holding a cotton candy cone. Others wanted their kids in the driver's seat (as you know, it's easy to "turn on" a Tesla and then move the car -- probably the same parents who give an Uzi to a young child). Parents seemed to think it was funny to watch their kids dodge the FWDs opening and closing. One "adult" thought it was a good use of his time and my car to tune in a rap station, set volume to 11, and fiddle with my EQ.

At a point, I decided that this was over-the-top and made access to the car by invitation only. Anyone who spoke to me was careful with my car; it was the parents and kids who thought they'd found a Disney ride who were a problem.

I wish Tesla had a door/trunks mode for "key fob only."

If you wish to display your Model S or X safely, get out your UMC and plug it in. Even without a power source it prevents the car going into drive.