Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if there’s one thing you can say about Tesla, it is you won’t get spammed by them if you’re on their email list. I maybe get one email from them every 2-3 months.
I expect to find out about the Model Y via TMC or social media less than an hour after it goes live. I then expect to get an email about it from Tesla about a month later.

Recently many reviews from UK have said MIC MY has very rough jarrihy suspension. When i test drove M3 in Melb I didn’t notice it, only felt glued to the road compared to my ICE suv.

This is my only concern waiting to buy MY, what are your thoughts? Is it just Tesla FUD?

Recently many reviews from UK have said MIC MY has very rough jarrihy suspension. When i test drove M3 in Melb I didn’t notice it, only felt glued to the road compared to my ICE suv.

This is my only concern waiting to buy MY, what are your thoughts? Is it just Tesla FUD?
Either the common complaint about the overly firm suspension the Model 3/Y have compared to competitor vehicles or the one with a recall going on right now. The USA built ones have only issued a recall on a handful of the same Model Ys, but I believe they have the same issue across the board. Not sure why they only recalled a few in the USA unless it's to downplay the severity.

I expect to find out about the Model Y via TMC or social media less than an hour after it goes live. I then expect to get an email about it from Tesla about a month later.

I'm expecting to hear about it here then be told officially one day. I really thought we'd at least be at the preorder stage by now. I almost ended up ordering the Lexus ux300e but I want the longer range and the ability to tow that the Y will give me so I guess I keep waiting.

I'm expecting to hear about it here then be told officially one day. I really thought we'd at least be at the preorder stage by now. I almost ended up ordering the Lexus ux300e but I want the longer range and the ability to tow that the Y will give me so I guess I keep waiting.
I just looked up Lexus ux300e… Never thought I would find a car with such a bad value proposition

Everyday the Y just slips further and further back for Australia...

What is with the MF Germans. Just let them build the cars.
Everyone was so positive about GigaBerlin. I did point it out: no cars before mid January I believe I said. At best. And I hate to be right on this.

Environmentalists do have a say in Germany, just look at the debacle with the new Brandenburg airport. The laws are very strong. Delayed a decade for environmental and technical issues. Costs? A fortune!

It may very well be so that environmentalist have a good reason for fighting GigaBerlin and have caught the ear of the politicians.

What I'm not trying to say is that politicians can't possibly be using these environmental delays to collude with one of Germany's largest exports, premium and mid segment auto industry.

Why would big reputable and honest companies like Daimler, VW etc try to play dirty tricks and coerce politicians?

And why would otherwise trustworthy and honorable politicians try to use the excuse of environmental proceedings to intervene on behalf of the German auto industry?

Of course they wouldnt.

Even when Tesla opens a store in Stuttgart, on Motorstrase, only a stone throw from Porsche Platz where Porsche was founded, it wouldn't hurt the German pride. Neither would the Germans feel threatened over Tesla taking over in Dortmund on the Ferdinand-Porsche Strasse, cornering on Gottlieb-Daimler Strasse.

Of course a delay in GigaBerlin would play no impact on the German auto industry's catching up on EV segment they have misjudged.

Anyone claiming that the delays we see would somehow be a part of some sort of collusion would be disillusioned and nothing but a conspiracy theorist. Right?

Reactions: Didaho