Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we got his attention

Attachments

• 97F5BC25-FB73-4DF6-AF9F-D0924AD5034F.jpeg
    97F5BC25-FB73-4DF6-AF9F-D0924AD5034F.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 111
Is there a list of Aussie Model Y RWD spec...eg does it have premium sound and dimming mirrors etc. The website tabs for performance / RWD changes items for top list of specs but everything below doesn't change. Are we right to assume those items listed underneath "Premium Interior" are the same for both variants?

Is there a list of Aussie Model Y RWD spec...eg does it have premium sound and dimming mirrors etc. The website tabs for performance / RWD changes items for top list of specs but everything below doesn't change. Are we right to assume those items listed underneath "Premium Interior" are the same for both variants?
yep with model y tesla doing all premium included.. think matter of time they'll do the same with model 3 also... easier manufacturing and really only difference ought to be in the drive train set up e.g. extra motor, different battery chemistry, size.. but rest of the car should be like for like.. here's me hoping Tesla throws a freaking bone to us poor early adapter plebs of the model 3 SR+ ... as if.. 😖😩🥺😭

Reactions: Stratman
What would be good if someone comes out with a trailer or van that has a battery in the floor that can add range - a bit like the company developing trailers with batteries in them for semi trucks
I did see a company doing just that. However the issue is that you add a lot of weight that you need to tow around so may be unviable as range is significantly reduced (halved) when towing.

yep with model y tesla doing all premium included.. think matter of time they'll do the same with model 3 also... easier manufacturing and really only difference ought to be in the drive train set up e.g. extra motor, different battery chemistry, size.. but rest of the car should be like for like..
It's probably reasonable that the "track mode" software only comes with the P. Maybe it could be a post-purchase upgrade for the other submodels though!

Hi All,
New to this forum. Just a quickie (probably a stupid question)....
Placed our order for a SR model Y on Friday morning and it gave me a ETA on delivery for AUG-NOV 2022... I since can't find anywhere in our account for a ETA delivery date.. It just says "prepare for order".
I'm totally expecting the delivery date to be blown out (I was suprised at the initial 3 month estimate) but can't find where to check this for any updates?
thanks

The Estimated Delivery Date from here on in at best will give you a prediction about as accurate as next months weather forecast and at worst will only serve to mess you head whilst you wait.

Complete the next steps on your account. The next key step that you're looking out for is an assigned VIN, then you can start planning on your car being around 4-6 weeks (3-5 weeks on the east coast) away depending on the transfer of cars to the next ship to Fremantle.

I like you ordered on the Friday morning, I'll be hoping for an assigned VIN around 15-20th July at the earliest (assuming that the Y is built following the traditional 8-10th day of the first month of quarter schedule) for an August delivery. If you want more detail on exact location and dates, once you've got a VIN I'd suggest doing what I'll be doing and signing up for Vedaprime.

thanks for the info!

I've been waiting for the Y to be released for order for about 6 months to replace my wifes car. Had colour and options etc already picked out. I go the message saying orders available about 9am (Perth time) and had completed the order with deposit payment about 6 minutes later!
I ordered in the first 5 minutes (confirmation email at 8:21am AWST), was refreshing the Model Y page whilst sitting in the car park at one of my kid's school 🤣 .

Hoping that means mine is on the first shipment. A lot of orders were going through on Friday morning, unsure where an order 40 minutes later would be in the queue.

Anyone know if the boot will have any tie down hooks (cargo hooks)? I see they've been added to the MIC models but couldn't see it mentioned in our owners manual. I'd like to add a mesh net to secure stuff on bumpy roads.

Did China add the rear parcel shelf & then delete it?