Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is interesting the AWD shows “Choice of 220 or 310 mile range”. I assumed it would only be available LR. I wonder if you will really be able to get it with the standard battery by the timeframe indicated which shows earlier than base model for most people.

I’m also curious if AWD standard battery config will be less expensive than the current rear wheel drive LR?

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
I am an owner with a 2017 reservation. Original estimate is above, new is below...
upload_2018-2-8_11-5-29-png.278916

I disagree.

Tesla is up to their a** in alligators right now. They don't need more complexity on the manufacturing side right now.

They need to keep things as simple as possible and that means only selling the current iteration of the car.

I think it’s entirely reasonable if they do this, but if so, they need to make it absolutely clear when customers are to expect the white interior (or any other previously announced options) that may become available in the next 5-6 months.

I’ve been waiting longer than most to submit my configuration, but if they announced today that the white interior was going to be another 4-5 months before it were available to order, I’d (begrudgingly) place my order today instead of waiting any longer. I’ve seen way too many people get burned from not waiting another month or so for what they actually wanted, and while I know this isn’t exactly the “Tesla way”, I’d be livid if I missed the configuration I actually wanted by a month only due to rushing a non-essential purchase.

Reactions: arcus
I think it’s entirely reasonable if they do this, but if so, they need to make it absolutely clear when customers are to expect the white interior (or any other previously announced options) that may become available in the next 5-6 months.

I’ve been waiting longer than most to submit my configuration, but if they announced today that the white interior was going to be another 4-5 months before it were available to order, I’d (begrudgingly) place my order today instead of waiting any longer. I’ve seen way too many people get burned from not waiting another month or so for what they actually wanted, and while I know this isn’t exactly the “Tesla way”, I’d be livid if I missed the configuration I actually wanted by a month only due to rushing a non-essential purchase.
If you want white, just wait in my opinion. Personally I would like a tan interior but there's been no mention of one so I'm planning on going black. I don't want white since I have 2 kids and wear jeans often.

I agree with your sentiment.....but we are in a situation when demand exceeds supply.

Since demand cannot be controlled via an increase in price (as the prices were set last year), other techniques are being used.

I want the white interior.

I hope that the white interior does not come out two weeks (for example) after I take delivery.

My situation in Ontario, if I cannot order and take delivery to get the $14,000 ev rebate before it disappears in June, then I will wait for white.

If I can get the car with a black interior and the rebate, I'll take the black interior.

Reactions: RedOctober and Drax

I agree with your sentiment.....but we are in a situation when demand exceeds supply.

Since demand cannot be controlled via an increase in price (as the prices were set last year), other techniques are being used.

I hope that the white interior does not come out two weeks (for example) after I take delivery.

My situation in Ontario, if I cannot order and take delivery to get the $14,000 ev rebate before it disappears in June, then I will wait for white.

If I can get the car with a black interior and the rebate, I'll take the black interior.

I was just talking to my wife about the same thing this evening. My Tesla account changed yesterday to being able to configure an dual motor LR or SR by mid 2018. If I can can still get the rebate I’m not waiting for any specific design options. $14,000.00 rebate is just too good to pass up.

Reactions: navguy12

I’ll help you solve this issue. You let me order from your reservation now and I’ll let you order from mine, which currently says “Late 2018”. I’m sure white interior will be available by then :) I’ll be happy with a Silver Metallic LR PUP 19” right now! Heck I’d me more than happy I’d be ecstatic!

Michael

• Funny
Reactions: rsbell and navguy12
It is interesting the AWD shows “Choice of 220 or 310 mile range”. I assumed it would only be available LR. I wonder if you will really be able to get it with the standard battery by the time frame indicated which shows earlier than base model for most people.

I’m also curious if AWD standard battery config will be less expensive than the current rear wheel drive LR?

And no mention if premium package is required.

If they get AWD without Premium (PUP) and with the option of Short Range pack out before the full tax rebate goes away that lowers the minimum config by almost $10,000.

Anybody looking to do that should wait until that happens or until 2 months before the rebate drops to make a decision. No need to cancel a reservation now or pull the trigger now on a more expensive configuration. You have almost 6 months to decide without risking the tax difference.

Reactions: Big Earl