Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Others have posted in various other places. A batch went out. Don't know how many, but it's more than 1.

:D

Nice.

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

They say Spain is pretty though I've never been
Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen
Oh and he should know, he's been there enough
Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much

Daniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky

Edit: whoops no intention of hastening his departure from planet earth after re-reading the lyrics. Hope he enjoys his M3 for as long as possible.

• Love
Reactions: pjoseph
Now need info here or a new thread tracking how many invites received over time. This will provide insight into the ramp. And then the usual individual tracking: e-mail received, configure date, production start date, delivery date, Fremont pickup versus SC pickup, etc.

Made my frigging week !

RT

Reactions: Pkmmte
So have any members here received the email? The person on M3OC has Florida listed as their location, so perhaps there is no geographical advantage? I recall reading that CA/Pacific coast customers would get deliveries first, but I no longer see mention of this anywhere on Tesla's FAQs. Now the only things they list that determine when invites go out are when you placed your order and if you're a current Tesla owner.

Edit: After reading that thread again I see that they set their address to one in CA, not Florida. So I guess until we see evidence of someone that doesn't live on the West coast receiving their invite the CA-priority will probably hold true.

Last edited:
happy%20dance_zpsrz9xm6no.jpg

Feel free to ignore the "Keep Calm" part...

RT

Awesome. So it appears (appears!) that this was not just one batch early this AM, but either multiple batches or an ongoing process. Hopefully (hopefully!) an indication that they will keep coming in the coming days/weeks rather than just being a single 'we can now say we invited some non-insiders' lump invite).

"When and where" alone don't seem to tell enough. I was at Fremont hours before opening. Current owner. Local. Indicated preference for upgrades. No invitation yet.

I wasn't at the front of the line, and the line was long, and I might have been on the first third of the people who lined up before they opened, but I didn't get the feeling that there were lots of owners. Only one or two other Teslas in the parking lot. Somebody I spoke to who waited in line at Santana Row said that a Tesla employee asked for a show of hands, and 3 people indicated that they were owners.

So I'm curious what time/how far up in line were people who got the invite.

Waiting on the Seeking Alpha doom and gloom Tesla article on how this is a bad thing for Tesla written by those that are short Tesla, but long Ford/Chrysler/GM (it alternates).... which of course is why they continue to publish that Tesla is not long for this earth.

I can smell a SeekingLies article which sees a big negative in this -

'Opening up the configuration for general public so soon when they are still banging and making the cars by hand means only one thing - most employees have cancelled their orders, especially the ones who have lost faith in their company making quality cars'