Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Price Reductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Anyone any idea at all what Tesla are playing at with price reductions? Yesterday, “new” MY in the inventory 52880 at certain centres in the U.K. Glasgow had some 53910. This morning all back to full price, yet the advisor from Tesla just yesterday told me the reductions will continue cos they’ve got a boat load of 23 cars to shift.

Hi all,

Anyone any idea at all what Tesla are playing at with price reductions? Yesterday, “new” MY in the inventory 52880 at certain centres in the U.K. Glasgow had some 53910. This morning all back to full price, yet the advisor from Tesla just yesterday told me the reductions will continue cos they’ve got a boat load of 23 cars to shift.
There are new Model Ys in from £49870, blue/black/silver from £50,900 under existing inventory on the website (set to search "All deliverable") seen many like that for about 1-2 weeks now

I can see them having a lot of existing inventory if more boats are coming as they haven't run out of inventory for a long time, if you just go to the site and place a new order the full price is still from £52990, easy way to save £3k by using the existing inventory, can guarantee people are still ordering at the full price though!

Last edited:
There are new Model Ys in from £49870, blue from £50,900 under existing inventory on the website (set to search "All deliverable") seen many like that for about 1-2 weeks now

I can see them having a lot of existing inventory if more boats are coming as they haven't run out of inventory for a long time, if you just go to the site and place a new order the full price is still £52990, easy way to save £3k, can guarantee people are still ordering and not checking existing inventory!
for me then the question for Tesla:

if people ordering new and there are same spec in the inventory - same new - why they just not match it with new order?!

for me then the question for Tesla:

if people ordering new and there are same spec in the inventory - same new - why they just not match it with new order?!
Agree it makes little sense and a bizarre tactic to continue charging full price of £52990 when using the existing inventory you get the same car £3k cheaper, now I would be a little annoyed if that happened to me!

I suspect they don't want to officially reduce the price so are using the existing inventory discount as a tool to reduce the price but not officially!

Agree it makes little sense and a bizarre tactic to continue charging full price of £52990 when using the existing inventory you get the same car £3k cheaper, now I would be a little annoyed if that happened to me!

I suspect they don't want to officially reduce the price so are using the existing inventory discount as a tool to reduce the price but not officially!
but they do not have to do anything. tesla would get paid even more!

You place order for new blue m3 with white interior and aero wheels. System cross checks: oh, there is one new blue m3 with white interior and aero wheels in stock in Bristol (or insert any location). Match its VIN with Order - next day customer gets message - you can collect next week.

so they have full price of the new car for the vehicle which they wanted to sell 3k cheaper.

tesla gets full price, customer gets his car he ordered. all happy.

most of inventory is NEW anyway

but they do not have to do anything. tesla would get paid even more!

You place order for new blue m3 with white interior and aero wheels. System cross checks: oh, there is one new blue m3 with white interior and aero wheels in stock in Bristol (or insert any location). Match its VIN with Order - next day customer gets message - you can collect next week.

so they have full price of the new car for the vehicle which they wanted to sell 3k cheaper.

tesla gets full price, customer gets his car he ordered. all happy.

most of inventory is NEW anyway
I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing this already!

A couple of possibilities

- tight on space or over a threshold at individual locations causing a tactical sell them quick
- new emerging that HW4 is starting to appear, although only Texas built cars so far
- Tesla just testing the water at what price they’ll sell to plan other cuts

If you’re after a deal, the tesla-info notifications have helped many on here in the past, me included. That was when stick was very limited but might be useful fir a bargain. They basically send a message every time a car gets listed so you know pretty much straight away of any bargains, but you also get the others as well so there’s a bit of noise in the mix.

Noticed under Existing Inventory there are even more price reductions, good discounts starting with these prices for the white but other colours available for a little more

Model Y
RWD £40590 was £44990
LR £47790 was £52990

Model 3
RWD £38790 was £42990
LR £45990 was £50990
P £52290 was £57990

yes saw those. Coincided with a new webuyanycar spam email I checked and they’re offering £32.5k for my Feb 2022 LR. which is the exact same as the outstanding finance on it on tesla loan.

I could in theory switch to a white Y RWD on PCP with no deposit for £575pm which is £50pm less than I’m paying now, plus the safety net of walking away in 4 years or buying out the balloon.

(less range but more than my old SR+ used to be and should be over 200 miles whihc is enough for me)

Reactions: Rooster6655
their trade in is 32300 so not quite clearing my settlement figure but I wonder if I messaged them they’d sort that out. The recent RWD models with LFP seem to have ‘enough’ range most of the time - the original SR+ felt a tad short on that front which is one of the reasons I switched to LR last year.

Why buy a new one? Well, I'm in a position where I can offset the complete purchase price against income, so £40k spent effectively takes £24k out of the business in the medium term.

With that in mind, why would I buy a second hand one? I nearly did, mind... I reserved one from used inventory the best part of 3 months ago and cancelled when I'd had enough of their procrastinating.