Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Product Announcement at noon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A "hhhmmmmmm" moment:

Earlier in the year when asked about Autonomous driving/Model 3, Elon had said their would be a product reveal later in the year. Is this that...? Is this the "panic button" in reaction to today's Mobileye/Delphi announcement (as others on here have alluded to)?

And if so, this sets up the potential for what we've been talking about over in the Model 3 area......since the cat will already be out of the bag re: Autopilot v2.0, why not just have a Model 3 drive itself onstage in early December as part of the Model 3 Reveal II......?

A Is this that...? Is this the "panic button" in reaction to today's Mobileye/Delphi announcement (as others on here have alluded to)?

I seriously doubt Elon would put together a "panic" announcement in reaction to potential competition. It doesn't seem like his style. With everything Tesla has been though over the years I get the sense he thinks much longer term than that.

You guys are a disappointment, how are we not at 10 pages yet?

From a source a few minutes ago. This source is generally quiet about Tesla internal happenings but has never once given me incorrect information about an upcoming Tesla product change.

1. 100 kwh battery. All 90s shipped since early august software upgradeable at cost.
2. AP 2.0 not available until late next year.
3. Interior upgrade for MS to match X

The source is my dog.

:)

From a source a few minutes ago. This source is generally quiet about Tesla internal happenings but has never once given me incorrect information about an upcoming Tesla product change.

1. 100 kwh battery. All 90s shipped since early august software upgradeable at cost.
2. AP 2.0 not available until late next year.
3. Interior upgrade for MS to match X

The source is my dog.

:)
Worst case for someone in order week for X basically

I seriously doubt Elon would put together a "panic" announcement in reaction to potential competition. It doesn't seem like his style. With everything Tesla has been though over the years I get the sense he thinks much longer term than that.

This will likely be a "hindsight" situation on our part....but IF the announcement is AutoPilot v2.0 -related, it may be fair to connect it to the Mobileye/Delphi announcement.

While it hasn't been his style....there haven't been many competitors in his arena for a while. It's easy to say you've never had a reactionary announcement when no one is building anything close to what you are.........