Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021_24_Car-Wash-Mode-1200x763.jpg

Where is the car wash mode supposed to be? I can’t find it either, or maybe I don’t have it.

Here you go.

https://www-teslaoracle-com.cdn.amp...ds/2021/07/2021_24_Car-Wash-Mode-1200x763.jpg

The last few days of firmware rollout has been painfully the slowest I can recall.

There's either something major coming, or they've got so many more bugs (then already mentioned over and over with recent releases) right now that they've just put a halt to things until they can get it all sorted out.

Still waiting on 2021.24.3. Well and the beta button as well.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey at least you got 2021.24.3, AND previously 2021.24

I only just got 2021.12.25.7 recently. Apparently all updates are on hold the last few days so who knows when I'll get 2021.24.3
I only got the 2021.24.3, changelog showed up with the firmware that I missed. Went from 2021.12.25.5 to 2021.24.3. It's interesting that not all the cars get the same software features... Assuming your car isn't a MS (because you got the car wash mode and I did not (not like I really care about it, but would be convenient to have) and range display improvements)

Last edited:
The last few days of firmware rollout has been painfully the slowest I can recall.

There's either something major coming, or they've got so many more bugs (then already mentioned over and over with recent releases) right now that they've just put a halt to things until they can get it all sorted out.
According to TeslaFi, there have been few new installations of 2021.24.3 for about two days, but 2021.24.4 has recently started to appear. This suggests to me that Tesla discovered bugs in 2021.24.3, paused the rollout, and are now proceeding with 2021.24.4, which fixes those bugs. This sort of thing is pretty common. People tend to forget about these issues, or aren't aware of them at all. If you're just an ordinary user who doesn't carefully monitor TeslaFi or follow discussions like this one, you'd never be aware of any of this staged rollout stuff; you'd just see you have a software update every once in a while, install it, and get on with your life. Of course, if you happened to run into a bug, you'd notice that; but chances are only a few people with 2021.24.3 have had problems. Tesla would fix these issues so that they don't affect more people.

According to TeslaFi, there have been few new installations of 2021.24.3 for about two days, but 2021.24.4 has recently started to appear. This suggests to me that Tesla discovered bugs in 2021.24.3, paused the rollout, and are now proceeding with 2021.24.4, which fixes those bugs. This sort of thing is pretty common. People tend to forget about these issues, or aren't aware of them at all. If you're just an ordinary user who doesn't carefully monitor TeslaFi or follow discussions like this one, you'd never be aware of any of this staged rollout stuff; you'd just see you have a software update every once in a while, install it, and get on with your life. Of course, if you happened to run into a bug, you'd notice that; but chances are only a few people with 2021.24.3 have had problems. Tesla would fix these issues so that they don't affect more people.
It is fascinating and frustrating at the same time for some people. I think most need to stop analyzing things to such a fine degree. I get we are on a message board and the conversations are good but far to many people jump to conclusions without actually understanding what happens in the back end.

According to TeslaFi including pending installations there would be 65%+ of the fleet on 2021.12.25.7, another 20% have now upgraded to 2021.24.3 and as you mentioned will now likely switch over to .4 due to something behind the scenes (and likely minor)

Reactions: srs5694
Waves is understandable, but being 3 update versions behind, missing and having broken features on a brand new 2021 90k car... sounds pretty unacceptable.
You are lucky you have only 3 behind. I am have brand new 2021 90K car and - 9 updates behind and nobody care. This is a joke and unacceptable too. 2021.3.104 - only 0.2% have it.

You are lucky you have only 3 behind. I am have brand new 2021 90K car and - 9 updates behind and nobody care. This is a joke and unacceptable too.
not every update is useful (to your car) and not every update brings you forward, in software quality.

FOMO is a thing, I get it; but given that updates can't be undone, are you so sure you want the latest, always?

I've disabled updates on mine. I'm ok with the behavior that I got before xmas last year. and there is NO UNDO or revert button and I doubt tesla will ever offer that (big mistake, btw, but its too late in their design, now).

if there was an undo, I'd be with you on this; but since there is not - and I'm aware of what 'sausage making' goes on in software, I'm not so sure its a bad thing that your car is versions behind.

now, if you are not even getting the features you paid for (they didn't activate the licensed features) then THAT's a problem. but I have no idea how to force tesla to do things they dont want to do, and they make it damned hard to even get in touch with anyone who can do anything.

not every update is useful (to your car) and not every update brings you forward, in software quality.

FOMO is a thing, I get it; but given that updates can't be undone, are you so sure you want the latest, always?

I've disabled updates on mine. I'm ok with the behavior that I got before xmas last year. and there is NO UNDO or revert button and I doubt tesla will ever offer that (big mistake, btw, but its too late in their design, now).

if there was an undo, I'd be with you on this; but since there is not - and I'm aware of what 'sausage making' goes on in software, I'm not so sure its a bad thing that your car is versions behind.

now, if you are not even getting the features you paid for (they didn't activate the licensed features) then THAT's a problem. but I have no idea how to force tesla to do things they dont want to do, and they make it damned hard to even get in touch with anyone who can do anything.
Oh I know. My big mistake I am to much trusted Tesla.