Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Removing Features...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Qbenjamin

Frugal But Classy!
Jan 7, 2017
Bravos
I'll keep this short, but I'm having an issue with Tesla that continues to baffle me. I purchased my former M3 originally without EAP in Jan of 2018. About a month later, EAP was purchased for an additional $5K. I sold the vehicle to someone locally in mid-2019 (moved on to an X).

Fast forward now a year later, the new owner called me saying that Tesla removed EAP and is saying that it was never purchased. Considering this is an older gentleman, he's literally only put around 500 miles on the vehicle which was purchased for his wife. He used AP on his entire trip home and even played around with Summon when they first got it.

They took it in to the SC about a week ago when they noticed that AP wasn't working, only to be told that it was never on the vehicle.

C'mon Tesla, really..? I can't find the receipt anymore that they issued when the purchase was made. I'm really annoyed with them right now. I'll keep you all posted on how this turns out, but I was previously a bit leary about others posting this scenario in the past, but now...

I'll keep this short, but I'm having an issue with Tesla that continues to baffle me. I purchased my former M3 originally without EAP in Jan of 2018. About a month later, EAP was purchased for an additional $5K. I sold the vehicle to someone locally in mid-2019 (moved on to an X).

Fast forward now a year later, the new owner called me saying that Tesla removed EAP and is saying that it was never purchased. Considering this is an older gentleman, he's literally only put around 500 miles on the vehicle which was purchased for his wife. He used AP on his entire trip home and even played around with Summon when they first got it.

They took it in to the SC about a week ago when they noticed that AP wasn't working, only to be told that it was never on the vehicle.

C'mon Tesla, really..? I can't find the receipt anymore that they issued when the purchase was made. I'm really annoyed with them right now. I'll keep you all posted on how this turns out, but I was previously a bit leary about others posting this scenario in the past, but now...

Unsubtly hint to showroom staff that a lawsuit and/or intense news media interest will follow if Tesla's error (which equates to defrauding the current owner of $5k) is not satisfactorily resolved within 7 days, and ask them to pass it up the chain of command.

I have another solution, I'm just waiting on Discover to get back with me. I paid for it with a card I no longer have. I had to escalate this in their customer service department since it was more than a year ago. Annoying I have to go through this.

On another note, while I'm annoyed about this, the reps at Tesla have been stumped as well about the situation. No malicious intent on their behalf (I don't think).

Go to your account, there is a purchase history, see if it’s listed there.

Fred
I no longer own the vehicle, so nothing about the 3, or my S shows up anymore (not even my previous super charging costs).

EDIT: Forgot that the vehicle was transferred to the email account of my "ex," that's why it isn't showing any of the super charging costs.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
How is this even possible? Losing sales records, and just decide to say "Oh by the way, thanks for the free money."

I was trying to find it, but I can only find the original MVPA, not the updated one.

Yeah, I have heard from other people on the forum stating they don't get receipts as well for buying FSD as well, that's a bummer. Hope you get your credit card statements from your closed credit card, or maybe any other sources where you get proof, pictures, text messages, etc.

See post #4.
Why are you waiting? You can search all transactions on-line.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 4.01.21 PM.png