Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla says it can't be done: But it can: new higher resolution rear camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If someone could send him a copy of their receipt of the same part at the better price we have seen, he can share it with his SC and maybe they will see their error. Worth a shot. Annnndddd.... that would be me. I have a receipt from Jan '17 when I bought one. $78.00

I did this about a year ago on my non-tech package 2013 MS. Install wasn't too bad - just getting the rear appliqué off took some finesse.

Cost was $78 + tax.

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 12.55.45 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
What is the best way to see if you already have the 'C' version? E-Bay has an 'F' version I think. ???
The one on Amazon will work on a Tesla. Several of us have them/use them. But this one that's $78 is supposed to have low light/res improvements. Some people say its better. When I tried using this $78 one on the front of my '17 S, it would not work. I had to go back to the Amazon version one. So, it just depends on what/where you are trying to use it. Where are you trying to put it?

The one on Amazon will work on a Tesla. Several of us have them/use them. But this one that's $78 is supposed to have low light/res improvements. Some people say its better. When I tried using this $78 one on the front of my '17 S, it would not work. I had to go back to the Amazon version one. So, it just depends on what/where you are trying to use it. Where are you trying to put it?

I was just looking to replace my 2016 75D backup camera if this one had better resolution.

Tanquen, what month was your S built? The newer camera started coming on S's built after 7/9/16. There's a 50-50 chance your car has it already installed. You can find your build month by looking on the sticker on the driver side front door opening. Hope this helps.