Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service center no loaner Tesla anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys in Australia we have been downgraded from:

S/X loaners

to

ICE loaners

to

Uber vouchers

to

nothing. Find your own way home.

I used to think the whingers on this forum were just entitled. But it really does hurt when the service support just keeps degrading.

I've got no idea how I'm going to shuttle my infant kids around with no car and no uber vouchers. Hire a Camry I guess.

I wish other manufacturers would get their EVs to market already.

I think it depends on the situation to some degree. I was at the Tempe service center in Arizona about a month ago. My house is approximately 180 miles from the service center and my car was coming in for work that was going to take approximately a week to complete. So yes I got a loaner Model S. But someone who lives in Tempe the drops off their car to get a flat tire repaired do they really need a loaner? Or would Uber or Lyft credits be good? Just saying I think it's a situational I don't think there is a standard. Those with the most need probably get the loaner.

I was offered 100 Uber credits and would generally have been fine with that however I work on a military installation. It’s a long walk from the gate to my office. They set me up with what felt like a Model S alpha build lol. It got the job done and the get-up-n-go was awesome! :)

Dropped my 3P off at Syosset NY yesterday for paint defect work that they estimated would take a week at a certified body shop.

They loaned me a 2012 Model S 85 Signature. It’s no 3P, but I definitely appreciate having another Tesla to use.

Screenshot_20190812-205648.png Enjoy that 2012 signature they are the ones that started it all. I'm still driving mine at close to 90,000 miles in and I don't miss autopilot one bit. Maybe on my next one?

Reactions: Plug-n-Play
Guys in Australia we have been downgraded from:

S/X loaners

to

ICE loaners

to

Uber vouchers

to

nothing. Find your own way home.

I used to think the whingers on this forum were just entitled. But it really does hurt when the service support just keeps degrading.

I've got no idea how I'm going to shuttle my infant kids around with no car and no uber vouchers. Hire a Camry I guess.

I wish other manufacturers would get their EVs to market already.

Like you, we have small children in car seats. Uber credits won’t cut it and we will be paying out of our own pockets for a rental during warranty repairs. This will be our last Model X when the lease is up.

Reactions: rlb4 and Puggle
I recently rented a car from Burbank Airport and Enterprise gave me a white 2018 Tesla Model S as a free upgrade. I got in the car it was clear that it was formerly a rental car that Enterprise was providing Tesla. The user profile was still set to "Loaner."

The Enterprise rent a car at BUR had several Model S rental cars and they even had HPWC installed. I guess one of the bright sides is that Enterprise now has a small glut of Model S cars and you might get one as a free upgrade like I did.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Super concerned about this. I got a text from the sc at 5:50pm that they were ready for my car and that they no longer give out loaners but Uber credits. Ummm my daily commute is 145miles Palmdale to Santa Monica. Anyone have recent experience with the West LA service center. They didn’t even give me enough time to make any arrangements. If they offer Uber I will be cancelling my appointment. Won’t work for me at all

Can confirm for the Van Nuys, CA location as I just dropped off my car and received Uber credits. Based on the conversation I had with my advisor it seems like the only way to get a loaner is if you work some place where an Uber driver will not physically be able to drive into in order to drop you off. This also includes some military bases.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I'm scheduled to drop off my car for service in Dedham Thursday morning for a non-functioning driver door handle. My commute is about 80 miles away and would cost about $60 each way not including tip. Hopefully they will give me a loaner so I don't have to reschedule. Having the driver door handle not function is such a pain in the butt, not to mention you can hear the motor in the door continuously cranking during the entire drive which I can't imagine is very good for the motor.

I get a crappy (not really, but compared to my Model 3 it's pretty old) Model S loaner. I'm 1.5 hours away from the service center. Out of the six visits to the service center, I've only had the car longer than a few hours. Always glad to get back into my Model 3. Preparing for the onslaught of Tesla Zealots who call me a fraud for saying I've had that many service visits and fully expect to be banned from TMC for the third time for saying such a thing. Peace.

I get a crappy (not really, but compared to my Model 3 it's pretty old) Model S loaner. I'm 1.5 hours away from the service center. Out of the six visits to the service center, I've only had the car longer than a few hours. Always glad to get back into my Model 3. Preparing for the onslaught of Tesla Zealots who call me a fraud for saying I've had that many service visits and fully expect to be banned from TMC for the third time for saying such a thing. Peace.

Nah, I won't say you're BSing anyone - that's uncalled for and not true... but if you only need a loaner for a few hours at a time, is it possible that a shuttle or Uber credits would work instead? I only ask because as we all know, loaners are a limited resource. If it's just a point-to-point thing - i.e. taking a loaner so you can get to work or back home again - I'd ask if the other methods would be workable, to save the shared resource for those who really need it.

As an example, I work from home. When I bring my wife's Enclave in for maintenance, I just have them drive me home in the shuttle van. I then pickup the vehicle that night; there's a Zinburger across the street, so that gives us a good excuse to go enjoy a burger and some wine. They offer a loaner, but no point in taking it, if it's going to sit in my driveway all day anyway. A little good karma goes a long way.