Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service center no loaner Tesla anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey everyone

Was just told by Pasadena store manager Josh, that Tesla service center no longer provides Tesla loaners or any loaners.

Is this true for the rest of the country? Do some of you have loaners right now?

I was told all they can provide is Uber vouchers.

If you all haven’t read my f’d up model 3 experience, read here.

I just dropped off a Model 3 and received a Model S as a loaner. (Orlando area)

Reactions: Elixir and James88
hey everyone

Was just told by Pasadena store manager Josh, that Tesla service center no longer provides Tesla loaners or any loaners.

Is this true for the rest of the country? Do some of you have loaners right now?

Pomona Service Center didn't have Tesla Loaner but they do have ICE loaner from Enterprise. I think they said they have a few Tesla loaners but those are reserved for their Body Shop clients.... not for service center.

hey everyone

That had better be some really expensive uber vouchers lol. Sure I don't need a loaner, $3000 in uber vouchers will work though.

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
Odd. Giving you a available Tesla would be cheaper than paying for credits or rental. Must be that some service centers are simply out of cars to lend for whatever reason - it's not a cost savings issue.

How do you figure that? The cars aren't free and they are losing out on a big cash payment that they otherwise could've made by selling the vehicle for MSRP. By using Lyft credits, they get to keep their cash longer which is a big win with time value of money. Also they only pay for the credits you use, so the expense for them could be as little as $10-20 per day.

In my experience they try to give you Lyft credits but often have loaners available if you push on them. Also showing up in the AM gives you a much better chance of getting a loaner. I try to only ask for a loaner if i really need it, if i'm just going to work and back then ill take the credits.

Reactions: GreenT
Tysons Corner VA

No more loaners starting yesterday. Deal with Enterprise ended. I got $200 Uber credit/day. You can use it for Uber, UberBlack, UberSUV. Much better than loaner.

I only got $100 per day, it barely covers home to office for me. It may be better than loaner for you, but not me. I prefer the independence of not waiting for Uber, which for Uber black takes over 10minutes when I tried it. Hard to pick up kids, grocery shopping after work, on Uber.

I only got $100 per day, it barely covers home to office for me. It may be better than loaner for you, but not me. I prefer the independence of not waiting for Uber, which for Uber black takes over 10minutes when I tried it. Hard to pick up kids, grocery shopping after work, on Uber.

They will give you more credit if you ask! Also, try asking nicely for a loaner and explain why you need it. They definitely have some in SoCal, but they are choosy with who gets them.