Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did work for me today at a destination charger. Is your issue specifically with superchargers? Are you sure your car wasn't locked at the time?

Yeah, wasn't locked. Driver's door was still open, but button press didn't open the charge door, so did it with phone. Happened twice yesterday at two different locations, but it actually worked today at a separate location. Maybe something up with those stall cables or just one of those flukes. No biggie.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't have wifi where I park as I live in an apartment building and park underground. Even cell reception is bad down there. I guess I'll have to ask service to do it for me sometime soon.

Two possible ideas. First, if your cell phone plan isn't too expensive, park above ground for an hour or so with your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect your car to it. I think the updates are generally around 500 MB. Second, see if you can find a cafe with free WiFi that reaches to the parking lot.

I saw that but I know my car came with the odd software, then updated to 12.1.2 right away at the dealer and nothing sense. I’m wrong I guess but I guess just ha e to wait and see.

As far as I can tell that person hasn’t actually confirmed they have HW3— just that it was a May delivery. So it may be a mistake. Hard to know without a photo of the build month or something.

I was chomping at the bit for 16.2 until I read about trouble people are having with ELDA false alarms, so maybe a small delay isn’t so bad. Depends on whether there’s a 16.3 coming soon that limits it to the highway or something?

The roll-out has clearly excluded most of CA for whatever reason.... either the person in the control room clicked the wrong button, or perhaps we are getting another version? Still nothing in Sacramento for myself and all my fellow friends with them.... the mass rollout looks to have stopped on TeslaFi... what gives?

My update was available stating I believe Tuesday. Last night I connected to WiFi and wake up this morning and it didn’t download and doesn’t show as available anymore.

Same for me. I was out of town all last week, but noticed on Tue or Wed that a new update was available to download over WiFi. When I came home on Sat and connected to my network, the download disappeared.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
2019.16.2 was on my screen last week in the software section while I was out of the town and therefore no wifi to download. When I finally went home on Saturday, the app available link was gone in software section. So looks like Tesla have taken down the push. May be it was buggy?