Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For model s when you open the tab for charging in the app the charge port door now opens immediately and shows it happening on the car graphic. When you close the charge tab the door closes too. Not sure if its the same for model 3.
Yep it's the same for the 3. If you don't wanna open the charge port, you can tap the battery icon in the app to bring up the charge limit slider without opening the charge port.

My PW2 has been stuck on 1.47.0 for more than a year. I rang up Tesla today and they tapped a few keys and said that there is a record of updates failing on my unit and apparently in that situation they never push an update to it again.

I asked them to force and update and they said in this situation they can’t and won‘t - someone needs to be on site in attendance when they do it to ensure the update can complete successfully and not brick the PW2. They said 1.47.0 is a good version and I’m not missing out on anything.

I replied that the “Go off grid“ option available in the new Tesla App 4.0 isn’t available if the PW2 is on 1.47.0 and they had to admit that I got them on that one. She said PW2 needs to be on 21.20 (?) or later for that to work. But they still wouldn’t push an update.

So I have to ring up my installer to get them onsite under warranty to get the update pushed - which they won’t do because this is not an emergency (the system is still working) and Sydney is in lockdown.

So there you go.

My PW2 has been stuck on 1.47.0 for more than a year. I rang up Tesla today and they tapped a few keys and said that there is a record of updates failing on my unit and apparently in that situation they never push an update to it again.

I asked them to force and update and they said in this situation they can’t and won‘t - someone needs to be on site in attendance when they do it to ensure the update can complete successfully and not brick the PW2. They said 1.47.0 is a good version and I’m not missing out on anything.

I replied that the “Go off grid“ option available in the new Tesla App 4.0 isn’t available if the PW2 is on 1.47.0 and they had to admit that I got them on that one. She said PW2 needs to be on 21.20 (?) or later for that to work. But they still wouldn’t push an update.

So I have to ring up my installer to get them onsite under warranty to get the update pushed - which they won’t do because this is not an emergency (the system is still working) and Sydney is in lockdown.

So there you go.
I wouldnt be in a hurry for a powerwall update. Tesla refused to fix mine even after their failed update broke my powerwall features on the basis that it still charges and discharges so tough luck. I also learned (twice now) that the staff at the US call centre for powerwall outright lie. (The local tech’s dont though, they just make it work) So dont believe anything the US call centre tell you. Out of frustration I contacted my installer and excercised my consumer right for a replacement….and 3 days later tesla fixed it without a visit. I lost a month of data though.

Not sure is it because of app update or new Tesla SW but Smart Summon stopped working. Restarting both mobile phone and the car didn't help. Also tried to switch off/on Summon and Stand By mode.
Always showing "Warming up". (back and forward summon works fine)
Anyone has same issue and managed to fix that?

Thanks....I'll take a look...

Edit:
Took a look at it and it's just like a summary...shows the PW charging but even with the car charging just shows the current KM's not that it is charging etc.

View attachment 702286View attachment 702287

The new PW part of the phone app is crap….

I used to be able to select all inputs (grid, PW, solar) and see a nice graph and below outline of what has been in/out with total…I cannot get that as a complete picture without skipping between screens….pretty pictures with reduced functionally….it’s crap…

I used to be able to select all inputs (grid, PW, solar) and see a nice graph and below outline of what has been in/out with total…I cannot get that as a complete picture without skipping between screens….pretty pictures with reduced functionally….it’s crap…
I actually like the new PW part.

You can see the flow and the current state of charge all on one screen. Previously you had between two screens.

I never liked the overlays as it didn't really show me anything I was interested in.

What's really great on the Powerwall page is you not only see the charging and discharging graph but also a graph showing the state of charge over the day and if you hold your finger over the graph you can see the state of charge at 15 minute intervals over the day. This last thing is very useful to me in determining what changes I'll make to the TBC schedule.

I'm with you on that. Need to switch between at least two graphs to intuit what you used to be able to just see with one.

I'd prefer uglier and more/retained functionality over pretty and reduced functionality, but if modern UI/UX is representative I guess I'm in the minority.

Agree with you on that. I’ve worked out what they are trying to do though. If you select a product eg battery, and then press the 3 bar button it overlays all info relating to the battery, specifically where the energy is coming from to charge it (solar and grid). What I dont like about the app, and the cars went down the same path for a while, is the tiny text. A huge amount of population need reading glasses, now I have to use them to use the app as the text is so small - mainly because page realestate is taking up with a silly picture of a kindergarten house

I actually like the new PW part.

You can see the flow and the current state of charge all on one screen. Previously you had between two screens.

I never liked the overlays as it didn't really show me anything I was interested in.

What's really great on the Powerwall page is you not only see the charging and discharging graph but also a graph showing the state of charge over the day and if you hold your finger over the graph you can see the state of charge at 15 minute intervals over the day. This last thing is very useful to me in determining what changes I'll make to the TBC schedule.
The 15 minute finger on chart functionality was in the previous app. This app version adds no new functionality other than open my chargeport door with one less step. The old app for powerwall was simple and intuitive. The new one is cluttered with irrelevant information. I like the car side of the new app though.

Received 2021.32.5 today - a 50min update which.....put Greek into the machine!
Beats me how including a new language can take this time - and what does it do to the memory chip?

Possibly lots of undisclosed things going on as well.

There was a Powerwall state of charge graph in the previous app? I certainly don't remember that.
There wasn’t, and so the new graph is a welcome addition. AND the charge state data is exported along with the other parameters when you “Download my Data”, which is something I’ve wanted forever. 👏🎉😄🎊🍾🥳🥂

Curiously, it is only recorded at every 15-minute mark, the charge state for the other 5-minute periods is blank. And the historical data is there. I scrolled back to the beginning of July and it’s there. Which suggests the data has always been stored, just not displayed.