Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new iOS app version 4.0.0 looks nice, quite different.

Quite interesting to see both the status of car and powerwall together in the profile.

The car side was pretty easy to pickup...

Powerwall though... Inside Energy, I haven't worked out how to toggle the solar/usage/battery on one graph as yet, it seems to just toggle.
Our powerwall is on v 21.20.6, not sure if 21.31.0 has been released for Australia yet

Reactions: AussieOwner

Quite interesting to see both the status of car and powerwall together in the profile.

Powerwall though... Inside Energy, I haven't worked out how to toggle the solar/usage/battery on one graph as yet, it seems to just toggle.
Our powerwall is on v 21.20.6, not sure if 21.31.0 has been released for Australia yet
App really does look good. Much better for the user then the previous one. Let’s hope this is the start of cloud profiles

If you want to overly charts press the bar chart pic top right side on the charts page.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Is anyone else's graphs not showing correctly?

This was mine from yesterday:
IMG_8297.jpg

And here is today's:
IMG_8298.jpg

Yesterday's fixed itself - eventually but today's hasn't.

Interestingly, this did not show up as an App that needed updating on my phone. I had to manually go into the App Store, search for Tesla, and manually update it.

Apart from the new eye-candy and PW2-Car off-grid integration, I’m a little disappointed.
  • You still can’t jump to any historical date to look at PW2 stats. You have to manually swipe through every day to scroll back to the day you want. Ugh.
  • Detailed (5-minute) power data can only be downloaded one day at a time and is still only stored to one decimal place. No way to, say, download the 5 minute data for all of July in one go.
  • Still no Landscape mode on iPads
  • Superposition of consumption/solar/PW2/grid power charts is less intuitive than before
  • Still can’t remotely set the AC charging rate on the car
  • Still can’t download trip data for your vehicle (i.e. dates, distance driven, energy usage, charging sessions etc).
Other observations:
  • There is now only one TBC mode - “Balanced” and “Cost Optimised” have disappeared, replaced with a single (and I’m sure equally black-box) “TBC”.
  • There is now, however, a chart that shows PW2 charge % state over the day. That is new.
  • Change on Tesla font - gone is Proxima Nova, in is some kind of Helvetica.

Interestingly, this did not show up as an App that needed updating on my phone. I had to manually go into the App Store, search for Tesla, and manually update it.

Apart from the new eye-candy and PW2-Car off-grid integration, I’m a little disappointed.
  • You still can’t jump to any historical date to look at PW2 stats. You have to manually swipe through every day to scroll back to the day you want. Ugh.
  • Detailed (5-minute) power data can only be downloaded one day at a time and is still only stored to one decimal place. No way to, say, download the 5 minute data for all of July in one go.
  • Still no Landscape mode on iPads
  • Superposition of consumption/solar/PW2/grid power charts is less intuitive than before
  • Still can’t remotely set the AC charging rate on the car
  • Still can’t download trip data for your vehicle (i.e. dates, distance driven, energy usage, charging sessions etc).
Other observations:
  • There is now only one TBC mode - “Balanced” and “Cost Optimised” have disappeared, replaced with a single (and I’m sure equally black-box) “TBC”.
  • There is now, however, a chart that shows PW2 charge % state over the day. That is new.
  • Change on Tesla font - gone is Proxima Nova, in is some kind of Helvetica.
You also can no longer go to say monthly chart and hover over each day to see that day details.
But we do get a picture of the type of house I learned to draw in kindergrten showing me where solar lives, where a battery goes, and that windows let light out. I can think of better information to show on the home screen, or are tesla clients not aware of how power moves around their system?

I don’t see the car showing as charging in the PowerWall side of the app….just that the house is using a x amount of energy (which includes the car and house)…..

View attachment 701841View attachment 701842
I see your car is charging at 20/32 amps. Can this be adjusted via the app now?
I check the output on the inverter as I pull in the drive and then adjust the charge rate to below that but I don’t venture out again should it cloud over 10 seconds later (ahh Melbourne weather)
It would be handy if it could be done without dredging into the garage each time.

I check the output on the inverter as I pull in the drive and then adjust the charge rate to below that but I don’t venture out again should it cloud over 10 seconds later (ahh Melbourne weather)
It would be handy if it could be done without dredging into the garage each time.
No the app still doesnt allow the charge amps to be changed, its just a stack of new graphics and fonts.
Its surprising that tesla still doesnt provide this feature given the agenda to maximise environmental outcomes, which presumably solar charging would be a key part of.
The zappi makes the change automatically, based on available solar.

Reactions: Leeroy
The OpenEVSE also handles charging solely from excess solar. Have been using for over 3 yrs. It is a very comprehensive EVSE and being open you can modify it if desired (and if you have the programming ability). It is also compatible with a number of things such as MQTT and has a good API. My garage is down 100 steps and I have always controlled my EV charging (in the garage) over WiFi.

No...since biggest thing I would like...at least manually under we can use Gen3 wall charrgers and have it automatic....I put it on 20AMPs as I was out for the day in my wife's X....it was a little cloudy and wanted to ensure I had enough sun juice to charge the PW up and supply the house...

Reactions: Leeroy