Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
everyone needs to log a service repair for their voice recognition. It will motivate tesla to fix it, maybe even check their work before release. I wonder if self driving features are checked before release?
This is just like Apples updates which takes time for Apple to fix with further updates.
It's only been just over a week since 50.1 was released with voice so give it time.

everyone needs to log a service repair for their voice recognition. It will motivate tesla to fix it, maybe even check their work before release. I wonder if self driving features are checked before release?

Logged on both cars a mobile service for 20th of January. Hopefully as you say this will hurry Tesla up to either 1. Address issue or 2. At least communicate with us what they are doing to address with ETA

So, I finally had a chance to test the supercharging since bunch of the updates. I used Pacific Fair supercharger and charged from 8% to 90% in about 30 minutes on my SR+ while on software version 2019.40.50.5. The charge rate capped out on 130kw and stuck with that. I was under the impression the V2 superchargers got updated from 120kw to 150kw last year, so that appears either the one in Pacific Fair did not get that update or my SR+ with software version 2019.40.50.5 is capped at 130kw. The car software notes does mention it should be able to get up to 170kw though. I did get 2019.40.50.7 after the charging session, so have not tested out that version yet. The 2019.40.50.5 has been very flaky with the voice commands and appears to randomly ignore the commands at will. Will test the 2019.40.50.7 voice out tomorrow.

I was under the impression the V2 superchargers got updated from 120kw to 150kw last year, so that appears either the one in Pacific Fair did not get that update or my SR+ with software version 2019.40.50.5 is capped at 130kw.
No they did not. That is an update that is still pending. They're all capped at 130kW at the moment. Check out the superchargers directly from the navigation in your vehicle by tapping on them and you'll see it tells you what they are - they will all say 130kW max.

No they did not. That is an update that is still pending. They're all capped at 130kW at the moment. Check out the superchargers directly from the navigation in your vehicle by tapping on them and you'll see it tells you what they are - they will all say 130kW max.
That is strange, as in the car navigation the Pacific Fair charger shows as 125kW, but it does charge at 130kW.

. what's the first thing it's says in the manual under the titles Autosteer, Navigate on Autopilot, Traffic Aware Cruise Control, Summon, Smart Summon, Auto Wipers & DashCam? .... is a BETA feature.

I don’t care much about many of these features, but TACC and auto wipers have been offered by other manufacturers for ages, why are they still beta from Tesla? Same as voice commands.

I don’t mind beta features but when they run beta for years (in the case of wipers) and then they make a “feature” significantly worse (like take me to <location> or call <name> is not working at all but has previously done so for the past 4-5 years) I do have issue.

Auto Wipers has been on beta since Tesla removed the sensor they used to use in AP1 cars and now use the front camera. Was perfect in my old S (AP1) and never right in the X (AP2.5)...not sure in my new 3 as its never been in the rain yet...

Last edited:
I don’t mind beta features but when they run beta for years (in the case of wipers) and then they make a “feature” significantly worse (like take me to <location> or call <name> is not working at all but has previously done so for the past 4-5 years) I do have issue.

Auto Wipers has been on beta since Tesla removed the sensor they used to use in AP1 cars and now use the front camera. Was perfect in my old S (AP1) and never right in the X (AP2.5)...not sure in my new 3 as its never been in the rain yet...

As the monsoon started a couple of days ago here - autowipers are really good now!

Reactions: Hairyman
Have not got 50.7 yet despite 50.5 being notified within 20 minutes. I wonder how they allocate who gets what and in what order? Quite the mystery.
download.jpg