Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the exact same experience myself today. Also I noticed that around the time I was issuing the voice commands, when there was very low or non existent LTE connection, the commands were ignored, then when I got to better connection area the commands were accepted. However if I was running on Autosteering the glovebox command was ignored until I took over from the car and was driving myself, then the command worked.
Voice commands are processed server side. Nothing rego gnoses if no phone or wifi connection.

Up thread I posted list of voice commands. The list in the article actually came from this thread at Telsa Owners Online . It is a work in progress with a simple form to add new commands if you discover any. Yesterday I found two new ones, "Fresh Air" & "Recirculate" which seemed more intuitive to me than "recirculate ON/OFF" . I filled the form and within hours they were added to the spreadsheet and the App. Yes there is a browser based app which can put on our phone so you have it with you in the car. Just scan the bar code with your phone to install it.

Tesla-Voice-Commands.jpg

Tesla Voice Commands

• Informative
Reactions: Hungry Mile
Tesla Voice Commands
Up thread I posted list of voice commands. The list in the article actually came from this thread at Telsa Owners Online . It is a work in progress with a simple form to add new commands if you discover any. Yesterday I found two new ones, "Fresh Air" & "Recirculate" which seemed more intuitive to me than "recirculate ON/OFF" . I filled the form and within hours they were added to the spreadsheet and the App. Yes there is a browser based app which can put on our phone so you have it with you in the car. Just scan the bar code with your phone to install it.

Tesla-Voice-Commands.jpg
Dunno about anyone else but I have found the system recognised voice commands very well when quietly parked. Different story at highway speeds. Recognition from about 95% to 10% success and becomes pretty much unusable.

Tesla Voice Commands
Dunno about anyone else but I have found the system recognised voice commands very well when quietly parked. Different story at highway speeds. Recognition from about 95% to 10% success and becomes pretty much unusable.
Same here, although I wasn't even going fast, just 40kmh on a local suburban road, which is not exactly noisy. I think it may be a bug actually as absolutely nothing was coming up on the display, even with a raised voice.

Voice commands are very dodgy with this update. The car is recognising the speech and displays the command almost perfectly every time but responds that it doesn't recognise the command, even though it is a verbatim command that it has recognised and executed before. Its just too flakey ATM.

Voice commands are very dodgy with this update. The car is recognising the speech and displays the command almost perfectly every time but responds that it doesn't recognise the command, even though it is a verbatim command that it has recognised and executed before. Its just too flakey ATM.

Agreed. It displays the command perfectly yet doesn’t execute it dispite it being verbatim as those that work in the USA.

I thought the voice issues were server side but surely if it identifies and correctly displays it on screen then the server side is working...UNLESS the commands to the car are actually also initiated server side. That would totally explain the current situation.

Agreed. It displays the command perfectly yet doesn’t execute it dispite it being verbatim as those that work in the USA.

I thought the voice issues were server side but surely if it identifies and correctly displays it on screen then the server side is working...UNLESS the commands to the car are actually also initiated server side. That would totally explain the current situation.
If you keep your finger on the steering wheel voice button until the request is actioned it seems to work every time, which is different than how it used to be, which was announce and let go (Model s). Also a lot of the commands on the list provided in an earlier post do not all work yet.

After downloading 2019.40.50.5 (and before installing) I noticed (new) live traffic and satellite buttons on the map screen of my SR+.

I’m disappointed in the new voice commands. Tried all sorts of ways of asking for AC to be turned off, set temp to LO, activate rear passenger vents, almost nothing worked; and it often got words wrong (misunderstood). Tried a bunch from the online list and even of the supposedly recognized commands, almost nothing works; sometimes it says not understood, other times just disappears with no result.

Setting fan speed did work, at least while not moving.

:-/

But our first long trip, Mel-Adel, was a breeze. Really enjoyed autopilot and the supercharging process. Family was impressed.

Reactions: Hairyman
If you keep your finger on the steering wheel voice button until the request is actioned it seems to work every time, which is different than how it used to be, which was announce and let go (Model s). Also a lot of the commands on the list provided in an earlier post do not all work yet.

I tried keeping button pressed but but no change... still flakey. tried reboot as well, the only regular command that works is the open glove box.

Maybe I should try "fix voice commands"

• Funny
Reactions: m4rtin
I tried keeping button pressed but but no change... still flakey. tried reboot as well, the only regular command that works is the open glove box.

Maybe I should try "fix voice commands"
If you have open glovebox then you have a model 3. My comment was for model s, which doesn’t have the open glovebox command.
For model s - long reboot, full sleep cycle, hold button longer.

I don’t know how it was pre update as I hadn’t used them before, but voice commands are just plain useless. I was hoping I could use voice commands to make some of the basic adjustments on air cond easier, but no such luck.
If you are referring to 50.5 update this was a navigation update only and does it automatically without you having to confirm update. 50.7 which has just arrived which you have to confirm takes a few hours after the update to fully update all systems, but yes voice is terrible and hardly ever works.