Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd just be happy if we finally got some basic functionality many of us have paid for with the FSD option. You know, things like the car not mistaking lane indicators on bridges and in tunnels for stop lights. Or 40 signs on moving buses not actually indicating the speed limit is 40.

Tesla doesn’t cope well with dual speed limit signs, e.g. ones with lower speed limits for trucks and buses. Although it does seem to cope with the weather-dependent speed limits on the M1 at Mooney Mooney, even puts a little grey raindrop icon on the screen, similar to the clock icon it puts up with time-dependent speed limits (school zones).

The problem with Tesla's approach is that with a closed system, your users are never going to be able to benefit from third party developers, who often (if not always) create superior products to what you can offer in house.

In the past Elon has hinted at Tesla developing its own App Store which would then allow this. The key is, Tesla would remain the gatekeeper and monetiser, and would not cede this to one of the other tech giants. I totally get this approach.

Tesla officially opening up its API this year and making it a paid and officially supported service might be the first move in this direction.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
FYI, for those with iPhones, you can use Waze for speed camera warning without using it for navigation.

1. Setup Waze for alerts only and play sound via Bluetooth phone call.

View attachment 1015070

2. Setup an Automation shortcut to start Waze as soon as the phone Bluetooth connects to the car.

View attachment 1015076View attachment 1015077

If there is any alert such as speed cameras or even stopped cars, it will pause whatever is playing in the car and give you the alert via a Bluetooth phone call.
Same for android as well.

Reactions: SPadival
I got update 2024.2.2.1 , but no nav updates 😳

Has anyone here got nav updates for 2024? I saw one on facebook group. Keen to see if my Tomtom Mapshare fix has been picked up.

1707172706919.jpeg

For those of you who drive in the Inner West in Sydney, the Nav still has no idea that you can turn left onto Victoria Road when heading eastbound on the City West Link.

Today it tried to tell me to go west on the City West Link, turn right at Balmain Rd and then drive east through Rozelle to get to Victoria Rd. And then after I was driving east on the City West Link, it gave up and told me to cross the Anzac Bridge, take the Pyrmont exit, do a U-turn, get back onto the Anzac Bridge to cross it again, then turn left onto Victoria Rd. WTH 🤪

It’s been like that for at least a year. Come on, the construction and spaghetti junction are not that confusing…

For those of you who drive in the Inner West in Sydney, the Nav still has no idea that you can turn left onto Victoria Road when heading eastbound on the City West Link.

Today it tried to tell me to go west on the City West Link, turn right at Balmain Rd and then drive east through Rozelle to get to Victoria Rd. And then after I was driving east on the City West Link, it gave up and told me to cross the Anzac Bridge, take the Pyrmont exit, do a U-turn, get back onto the Anzac Bridge to cross it again, then turn left onto Victoria Rd. WTH 🤪

It’s been like that for at least a year. Come on, the construction and spaghetti junction are not that confusing…
I drive this once a week, and as I get onto the Iron Cove bridge heading east I hit "End Trip" on the Nav to avoid TACC phantom braking.

Putting aside the issue of the map update, I'm surprised that given the limitation GPS accuracy that it was deemed good enough to allow TACC to use it to determine appropriate speed.

I've never noticed a correlation between phantom braking and GPS accuracy. What does happen all the bloody time though is braking in tunnels because it seems to think the lane open indicators (and sometimes the speed limit signs) overhead are traffic stop lights. That only affects you though if you have the "stop for traffic lights" option enabled. If you look at the visualisations you can see it sometimes paints those as traffic lights as you're driving by.

Reactions: dasn
What does happen all the bloody time though is braking in tunnels because it seems to think the lane open indicators (and sometimes the speed limit signs) overhead are traffic stop lights. That only affects you though if you have the "stop for traffic lights" option enabled. If you look at the visualisations you can see it sometimes paints those as traffic lights as you're driving by.
yes, although that doesn’t affect drivability for me.
I have noticed since 24.2.2 that locking when leaving is uncertain. But another “security” update downloading now - 24.2.3. Hopefully to fix that.

I got update 2024.2.2.1 , but no nav updates 😳

Has anyone here got nav updates for 2024? I saw one on facebook group. Keen to see if my Tomtom Mapshare fix has been picked up.
I have both the 2024.2.2.1 update and 2024.2.xxx navigation update.

I had 3 issues with navigation previously, and pleasantly this update has fixed two of them (one of which I reported to TomTom several months ago - I don't know if that helped or not.

1. It can now take the correct exit off the (Melbourne) Westgate Freeway outbound to the Ring Road (that changed at least 12 months ago. You now need to be in the right land not the left lane.

2. It now lets me turn right in/out of a bunch of local streets (that should have always been possible) - this was the fix request I sent to TomTom, which to their credit, they acted on immediately in their own database.

3. It still has an incorrect 90km/h limit on a road I use daily - it changed to 80 years ago but Tesla still haven't worked that out unfortunately. The posted speed limit signs don't help in one direction I travel because I turn into that road after the sign, so Tesla relies on it's (incorrect) database. The other direction it sees the sign and correctly displays 80. It used to then rapidly default back to 90, but the behaviour in that direction has actually improved - it doesn't do that any more.

So it was really nice to see some forward progress while the wipers go backwards. :)

Post on Whirlpool by SirSurfalot who has just received an update to 2024.2.3

That the AU version now includes select Third Party chargers on the map including preconditioning
This is great news, it is in 2024.2.2.1 as well, I actually noticed a funny charger icon on the map this morning as I was driving but didn't twig waht it was and forgot to check it out after I arrived. I just checked now and yep, everything is in there, just a quick look and I found Evie, Chargefox, BP.

1. It can now take the correct exit off the (Melbourne) Westgate Freeway outbound to the Ring Road (that changed at least 12 months ago. You now need to be in the right land not the left lane.
Little premature to update the exits until the construction is complete.

Also, if you have Enhanced Autopilot, it will randomly turn on the left indicator after you pass that exit going west towards Geelong 😂 .. it happened to Not A car guy too in this video🤣