Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, I paid for the FSD option and I am interested in seeing progression would have been a better way for me to say it. Worth pointing out for anyone unclear about the enormous hurdle of getting to robo taxi FSD

That will never happen on the current models - they won't be on the road long enough! The difference between FSD (as in "Autonomy so long as there's a driver monitoring") and RoboTaxi is several orders of magnitude, if not insumountable except on dedicated roads.

Just installed 2020.12.10 on a 2017 model S MCU1, hw 2.5, FSD.

Have lost Navigate on Autopilot and Smart Summon.

Release notes only says:- shows out of order Superchargers and minor bug fixes and improvements. A bit disappointing.
Yes I have the same here in NZ 2018 Model S MCU1 hw 2.5 FSD - so maybe a bug in Model S fw - seems Model 3 still has NOA and smart summon

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Put all this stuff on a Tesla and it would probably do similar. I often see these Zoox cars driving around SFO when I am there.

upload_2020-4-25_18-37-2.png

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Just come in from a trial ride on the update.
Some weird things: the odometer etc have gone to miles instead of Km for one.
It now seems worse if anything on things like exit lanes - it did a sudden swerve towards one (that wasn't on the route) before swerving back to the inside lane. The suddenness of lane changes is unchanged - unacceptable. And, on 50% of requested lane changes it decided to ignore me!
It's good news on the camera front, though: the view-on-screen facility is long overdue.

PS: How does one see if autopark is installed? The manual gives instructions how to use it "If installed" - but I cannot find any onscreen message about it, and it has never ever picked up a parking spot.

I have gone into settings and it seems New Zealand has suddenly been excluded from being able to have NOA/smart summon - see attached. I know someone else with a 2018 Model X and he has the same issue after updating to 2020.12.10. Question is this only happening for Model S and X? Is Model 3 still able to access NOA and smart summon/key fob smart summon in NZ?

Attachments

• 2EE9C196-859E-4779-BB9C-307E1BEBBA02.jpeg
    2EE9C196-859E-4779-BB9C-307E1BEBBA02.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Informative
12.6 seems to on the roll out to M3s. Anyone with access to the finer detail on TeslaFi know how the Australian numbers are looking?
12.10 is the one I want, as it has the FSD visualisation active in Australia. I have been on 12.5 for the past couple of weeks and there have a few other iterations released since then. 12.10 made its way to Australia but seems to be on the install wane. Perhaps a successor is afoot.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
12.10 is the one I want, as it has the FSD visualisation active in Australia. I have been on 12.5 for the past couple of weeks and there have a few other iterations released since then. 12.10 made its way to Australia but seems to be on the install wane. Perhaps a successor is afoot.
Maybe the software is social distancing to reduce tesla software bugs, so it takes longer.

Reactions: Chamii123
>>PS: How does one see if autopark is installed? The manual gives instructions how to use it "If installed" - but I cannot find any onscreen message about it, and it has never ever picked up a parking spot.<<

Anyone?

If you chose the ‘Full Self Driving’ option you have auto park. As for how it works, its not very reliable. It basically uses the ultrasonic sensors to detect if there’s enough space to fit the car and you’ll see a small ‘P’ icon next to the car model.

If you chose the ‘Full Self Driving’ option you have auto park. As for how it works, its not very reliable. It basically uses the ultrasonic sensors to detect if there’s enough space to fit the car and you’ll see a small ‘P’ icon next to the car model.

I certainly have the vapourware FSD but I've never seen the P alongside the car even when I've been looking for a space. Perhaps the Australian parking spaces have less real estate than the ones in California!

I certainly have the vapourware FSD but I've never seen the P alongside the car even when I've been looking for a space. Perhaps the Australian parking spaces have less real estate than the ones in California!
I have FSD and have seen the autopark symbol many times. I have used it once and it worked fine.
You need to be on slow speed and in a position that the car thinks it can auto park.
As for the updates, I have given up on finding a pattern for when you would get it or what version you would get or what to do to get it. It seems to be very random :).

Last edited: