Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 2024.20.1 about a week ago and noticed the “ding” for the seatbelt warning is noticeably softer, so faint I wondered what the noise coming from outside was (and yes I did check that it wasn’t putting it out through the PWS speaker!)
I also experienced on a couple of random occasions it returned to its normal loud self for a few seconds/dings before going faint again.
I’ve rebooted (2 button) twice with no change.
Anyone else noticed this odd behaviour?

Also noticed that for my regular average speed camera (Hindmarsh drive) that in one direction only (westbound) it detects the average camera ok but about 30% of the time does not display the average speed below the speed limit.

Also noticed that for my regular average speed camera (Hindmarsh drive) that in one direction only (westbound) it detects the average camera ok but about 30% of the time does not display the average speed below the speed limit.
Not a Canberra resident but had two trips to Canberra since 20.1 and three times on Hindmarsh in each direction. All six worked fine. Average speed was 79. It also worked on the average speed camera into Canberra before Lake George (2 of 2). However I have not seen it in the reverse direction (exit Canberra) but it might not exist in that direction. It SEEMS to use the GPS speed for the averaging, but that's only a guess based on very steady TACC/AP and observed speed (set at 81).

Reactions: dronus
There's no avg speed section outbound of Canberra along Lake George, only inbound. Just drove that yesterday going to and coming back from the snow. Model S still doesn't show the average speed in the section (not the one between Bredbo and Cooma either).

I did notice a vast improvement in NoA though in 2024.20.3 - it now overtakes traffic smoothly without slowing down first. Was quite nice actually. On the return trip however, it did some weird stuff, wanting to drive in the right lane even without any traffic ahead in the left lane.

Just goes to show that the performance of these systems is variable. Auto wiper testers take note. Just because it worked fine in the morning doesn't mean it works fine in the arvo...

On the return trip however, it did some weird stuff, wanting to drive in the right lane even without any traffic ahead in the left lane.
By any chance, have you driven on the Hume highway yet? The last time I drove in April, auto lane change (manually initiated via indicator stalk) didn’t work when it was changing back from the overtaking lane back to the left lane. It didn’t recognise that there was a left lane, possibly because of the road camber. This is a specific problem on the Hume highway, it is fine everywhere else I drove.

I had hoped that the latest software would download automatically at home, especially since I’ve installed a WiFi extender in my garage. However, the software update did not happen as expected. Today, after noticing many others receiving the latest software updates, I connected my car to my mobile hotspot. The latest software was downloaded immediately, and I installed it right away.

Reactions: dronus
2024.20.3 installed this morning before I drove to Brisbane. Some minor weird speed changes for no reason, so no improvement there. No dry wipes though, so that's a plus. Essentially, no change.
My M3 installed 2024.20.3 this morning and I took it for a short drive. I did get a dry wipe when the camera faced the sun once. I honestly doubt that Tesla will ever be able to get the wipers right if they continue to rely on Vision alone.

So for various reasons for the past few days i have left my sentry mode on all day at work and have been pleasantly surprised that it has lived up to the hype in regards to reducing the battery usage over a whole day.
I had hoped that the latest software would download automatically at home, especially since I’ve installed a WiFi extender in my garage. However, the software update did not happen as expected. Today, after noticing many others receiving the latest software updates, I connected my car to my mobile hotspot. The latest software was downloaded immediately, and I installed it right away.
out of interest, who is your internet providor at home?

I must say, moving to a different ISP has me getting the updates a lot quicker.
Might have been the old isp or modem…

IMG_1032.jpeg

I did post this in the other thread as well, but just checking to see if anyone else had had their gear swiped stay on while driving?
Mine stayed on the screen most of the way home today, wasn’t game to flick it into reverse while moving haha.

IMG_1029.jpeg

Reactions: Jules22
The last time I drove in April, auto lane change (manually initiated via indicator stalk) didn’t work when it was changing back from the overtaking lane back to the left lane.
I drove Sydney-Perisher-Sydney on Sunday-Monday with firmware 2024.20.3.

I found right-to-left auto lane changes to be very much better than the last time(s) I have driven that route, maybe only 3-4 failures (ie complete refusals or chickening out 1/2 way across) in the whole 1100km or so, vs maybe no better than 70-80% success on earlier firmwares. Left-to-right auto lane changes were maybe 95% successful, but they were always ok for me before.

Still no auto lane changes anywhere south of Canberra though.

By any chance, have you driven on the Hume highway yet? The last time I drove in April, auto lane change (manually initiated via indicator stalk) didn’t work when it was changing back from the overtaking lane back to the left lane. It didn’t recognise that there was a left lane, possibly because of the road camber. This is a specific problem on the Hume highway, it is fine everywhere else I drove.
Yeah this is a known problem. Which is why I was so surprised to that NoA worked so well on its own (on the Hume Hwy). The problem on the Hume has nothing to do with road camber, but with the road not being officially "qualified" as a highway, because it has unprotected crossings. So in Tesla's database, it in fact vaccilates between highway and regular road category. Which is why ALC doesn't work well in all locations. I'll upload a video I took yesterday shortly that illustrates this.

Reactions: SPadival